Thread: Audi 4.2 V8 Transmission Options 2WD Non Manual?

Audi 4.2 V8 Transmission Options 2WD Non Manual?

Hey guys, I've been looking at options for a while now in terms of a transmission for my Countach build. Im using a Audi 4.2L V8 (2004 BAS) and need a AUDI (ideally short) 2WD transmission that is tiptronic/multitronic whatever... just not a manual prefered...2 pedals required and needs to handle the stock 300 HP although I may be bumping this at some point to more 400-450HP transmission dependent. And no adapter plate required.

Suggestions/comments appreciated

Thanks

get 5hp19 they are normally found in the audi anyway. With some mods they can be made to handle 900lb +

Hi Pmorty, the man you need to chat too is here, he shortened the 5hp19 also put behind his bmw v12 in his Aventador build here https://www.facebook.com/steinar.thyholdt?fref=ts

I am also doing a countach build do you have a build page or web site.

I thought the V8 used the ZF 5HP24, as do Range Rovers, BMW etc. I'd look at gear boxes for the V8 Audi A6 (not sure if they were all Quattros) or speak to the guys at www.audis4parts.com. They do a load of 6 speed conversions, so may have knowledge of compatibility. The Audi V8 in my Prova is running a Porsche Boxster gear box (5 speed) which I think is an Audi 012.

I've got a buddy who builds Audis nearby, so come back to me if you get stuck.

K9