Thread: Need 3800 swap expert for AD 355 project

Need 3800 swap expert for AD 355 project

I've had a AD 355 project languishing for many, many years. Finally was getting the body work looking good with local restoration shop in Pensacola. However, was running into snag with comfort level doing the 3800 supercharger swap. Got conned into sending it to guy south of Dallas 2 years ago where it has basically sat idle. It needs a drive axle for the 3800 to the rear wheel among with wiring, interior, etc. etc. I have gotten a few offers to take on the project from Michigan and Connecticut. However, I was hoping to find someone closer - Southeast USA. Anyone interested, please let me know and i can provide more details and pictures. Thanks

Try Lloyd Rasco at Fast Fieros of Dallas. He sometimes takes projects at home
    "Do a little bit everyday and eventually it'll get done"

Euro Pacific Auto Tech
    Panama City Florida
    1503 Gulf Ave
    Panama City FL
    850 640 3777

Run by a guy who has done 3800 swaps and has posted extensively on Pennocks. His work looks top notch

Quote Originally Posted by american graffiti View Post
    I thought he nuked his reputation years ago.
    http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/A...-1-085293.html

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by steve308 View Post
    Euro Pacific Auto Tech
    Panama City Florida
    1503 Gulf Ave
    Panama City FL
    850 640 3777

Run by a guy who has done 3800 swaps and has posted extensively on Pennocks. His work looks top notch
    I was going to mention BV Motorsports. Might be worth looking into.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by steve308 View Post
    Euro Pacific Auto Tech
    Panama City Florida
    1503 Gulf Ave
    Panama City FL
    850 640 3777

He has done 3800 swaps? That is incredible. How long has he been in business? That is one a day for the last eleven years!

Quote Originally Posted by american graffiti View Post
    Be cautious here since I think that Loyd is not doing much with cars at this time. There were issues with incomplete cars and vastly delayed schedules several years ago. In spite of that Loyd is one of the best engine swap mechanics that I have seen. Good looking swap with all details taken care of. I can provide photos of a 3800 SC Series III swap if anyone wants to see them.

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    He has done 3800 swaps? That is incredible. How long has he been in business? That is one a day for the last eleven years!
    I'm guessing he meant the guy has done a certain number of swaps of the 3800 engine. lol

Ohhh, I get it now. If anyone does find Lloyd, tell him I said hello. Him, I, and his Miss Oklahoma sister go back 30 years.

Lloyd lives just a few miles from me. He lost a leg in a motorcycle accident a couple of winters ago and is not doing any car work at this time. He does have some Fiero parts for sale including complete cars. I think he can still be reached through his web site.