Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 190 of 190

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

  1. #181
    Glad you are getting closer to resolving issues with your breaks I would be interested to see if they "are" symmetrical. Something just does not jive. I know you have them on already but I would have measured them from the outer mount hole to the mounting holes for the calipers and if they are centered between the other 2 mounting holes. If those brackets are symmetrical all values should be same from side to side on the adapter. For the trouble that you are going through if it was me I would have those brackets remade with correct measurements so that in future if you need to replace a rotor you would simply be able to just replace it rather then having it machined just so it would fit in. Call me crazy... its just me. When I was going adaptors on my 240Z I had gone through 3 or 4 revisions till I got it the way I wanted.

    BTW thanks for the kind words of my build
    Last edited by chimaera; 12-06-2017 at 01:18 AM.

  2. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
    Glad you are getting closer to resolving issues with your breaks I would be interested to see if they "are" symmetrical. Something just does not jive. I know you have them on already but I would have measured them from the outer mount hole to the mounting holes for the calipers and if they are centered between the other 2 mounting holes. If those brackets are symmetrical all values should be same from side to side on the adapter. For the trouble that you are going through if it was me I would have those brackets remade with correct measurements so that in future if you need to replace a rotor you would simply be able to just replace it rather then having it machined just so it would fit in. Call me crazy... its just me. When I was going adaptors on my 240Z I had gone through 3 or 4 revisions till I got it the way I wanted.

    BTW thanks for the kind words of my build
    I hear what your saying. On the drivers side both calipers mounting holes were re worked. The front rotors that were 13" are now
    12 15/16". The rear rotors are still 13".

    Since I am getting really good at taking the rotors and calipers off I will see if a 13" rotor fits on the reworked bracket / drivers side. If it does then it does make sense to rework the passenger side.

    Ill let you know how it comes out.

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    749
    SM, something still does not seem right. Your picture shows an eight lug rotor. The biggest eight lug that Wilwood makes is 12.19". All of the others are 12 lug, the most common one the 12.90" (your 13" minus a little). Is that a Wilwood rotor? What rotor was the bracket designed for? Is it .81" or 1.10" wide?

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    SM, something still does not seem right. Your picture shows an eight lug rotor. The biggest eight lug that Wilwood makes is 12.19". All of the others are 12 lug, the most common one the 12.90" (your 13" minus a little). Is that a Wilwood rotor? What rotor was the bracket designed for? Is it .81" or 1.10" wide?
    its not a wilwood rotor, the rotor width and diameter is within the specs for the caliper found on wilwoods web site

    The issue is the caliper mounting holes located on the bracket, placing the caliper to tight to the hub, therefore causing the rub. Move the holes to the outside edge of the bracket by 1/64 to 1/32...not sure of the exact adjustment performed by my friends machine shop.

    probably didnt need to remove .030 from the radius of the rotor (or 1/16 from the dia) ...just move the calipers mounting holes.

    Once I get the headlight mounting dialed in, I will see if the 13" rotor from the rear works with the revised caliper bracket ....I m getting tired of taking the tire, caliper, rotor on and then off. and then on and then off. and on and then off......
    Last edited by Simple Man; 12-07-2017 at 01:58 AM.

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    made some changes to the back side of the buckets.

    Dyna glass to build/smooth the egdes

    Used some 3m adhesive then reinforced with fiber glass




    \



    \


  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    yaawn.....

    \
















  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    More progress






  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    Assembled the lamps in the bucket and did a mock up with the lower bucket. A nice seal with the weather striping






  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    before hooking up the wiring a mock up was done. Pretty happy how it is coming out so far ::toothy

    The edges of the top bucket need to be cut down to fit inside the glass.

    Also no sure if the top surface (where the glass rests) needs to be thickened.

    I want to be able to put a straight cutting blade in from the side to cut the adhesive easily that will be between the glass and the bucket.\










  10. #190
    Member 20below's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    39
    Those came out super nice......looks like a factory made part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •