Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman View Post
    I love all the work your doing, you are an artist. this one will look amazing when its finished
    thanks Bodyman, I keeping chipping away at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozberry View Post
    Great job on the lights! Looking forward to more progress updates.
    Thanks Bloozberry, I only have one light 100% complete but getting there !

Slow going on the REDO

Got the new steering column and the intermediate shaft in. thought about putting the new light and turn signal switches in, but decided to use the old ones for now.

The light switch had the purple wire cut and another wire was attached to it when everything was plugged in on the original setup. Not sure what that is about but we will find out

Not sure what the deal was but had a heck of time with the two nuts., sometimes it takes 3 times as long to do... for no apparent reason

Tested out the brake pedal with no binding or rubbing. The way the old uncompressed sebring column was installed, it had a funky lower bracket that had to be cut out as it interfered with the brake pedal

Last edited by Simple Man; 01-25-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Worked on the fun part of the car for a bit

Mounted the front bumper to the frame using rubber washers for vibration pretty happy with how it turned out until I tried to mount the head light

The bumper needs to go forward about 5/16 for the headlight to fit correctly.

Made some brackets out of 1/8 inch thick steel, a bunch of 1/8 rubber washers etc. Using the rubber washers I can adjust the height of the lens to match the body. I used 3 brackets to hold the head light in place.

The lower Fiberglass tub that I made will have to have the corner cut off so it can fit better in the wheel well.

Pretty happy with how the headlight assembly is mounted in the car, nice and solid!

back on the car after having the flu (103.1 fever)

Mechanically speaking the engine has all systems hooked up so it can be fired up
    Radiators
    Trans cooler
    Heater hoses
    Wiring for engine
    Steering column and so on

When to start it and no power to the Ignition switch. Put a hot lead to an exposed portion of wiring and the car turns over

On further investigation the way the Fiero system was spliced to the sebring system... is a REDO

The wires from the two systems were just wrapped (not twisted) around each other and then wrapped in electrical tape.

Went through and soldered and shrink wrapped each one. Still no power to the switch.

Will have to investigate further

okay, quite a bit of soldering and fixing of shoddy work...... and we have power! Fuel pump pressure good, no leaking.

Now switching gears to the Transmission setup (4T65eHD) . The REDO came with a Dakota digital shifter system, actuator etc. and MurciMe paddles for the steering column. Need to do some research on how it all is suppose to work, and get the Trans in neutral

Not another REDO!! lol

Sorry bother, couldn't resist. Know the headache all too well.

Good luck, take your time, I know you'll sort it out quickly.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post

Not another REDO!! lol

Sorry bother, couldn't resist. Know the headache all too well.

Good luck, take your time, I know you'll sort it out quickly.

LOL that is some funny $hit!

Yeah this car is pretty much a REDO.

Electrical from the engine stand point is functioning correctly.

Electrical for the rest of the car will be touch and go as the REDO project continues.

The shift system is ..... how come there is not the triangular pile of poo for and emoji to choose from?

So the GSS-2000 just tells you what gear your in and that is about it.

The shiter system, pun intended, in the REDO ... was basically shift by feel.. you tapped on the paddles, the paddle hits an impala window switch and that triggers the actuator.... you tap too much you go passed R and so on.

God forbid your doing 70 mph and you accidentally go into reverse

New part installed.

I will be using the GSS-2000 for trans gear indicator only.

A big thanks to Fiero King , USMC and Murci Me for taking the time to talk to me about their systems.

Here the vids of each if you haven't seen them before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbLzpjineU4 - - Fiero King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnN8E3JT6Wc - - USMC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQgwH2viEVA - - Murci Me

Master cylinder blead, Arruat system, had pre bent brake lines, The old fiero block is used and fitting brazed, Wilwood proportioning valve with supplied bracket installed. All brake lines, and fittings installed. Ready to bleed system.

Actually went smoothly