Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

I'm really liking the Lizard Skin, it so easy to use!!! Final application of the ceramic heat shield at 4am this morning The firewall has a real solid sound to it now. Just have to top coat the product once it has cured.

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?acti...ch=21838;image

Simple man. Did you spray your Lizard Skin on or paint with a brush? I used it on mu 355 engine bay years ago and planned on using it again for my 308 engine bay and when I sprayed it on the 355, I had to stop and clear my gun every 5 minutes as the ceramic pellets were clogging the tip. I will use a larger tip this time but wondering how you went about applying yours?

Looks good
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Simple man. Did you spray your Lizard Skin on or paint with a brush? I used it on mu 355 engine bay years ago and planned on using it again for my 308 engine bay and when I sprayed it on the 355, I had to stop and clear my gun every 5 minutes as the ceramic pellets were clogging the tip. I will use a larger tip this time but wondering how you went about applying yours?

Looks good
    Don
    Don

I bought the lizard gun. I read on some forums of problems using other guns. The tip on the gun is huge. Reminded me of spraying texture on sheet rock. It was the smoothest application... no clogs... took 20 minutes for each coat, which included mixing, spraying and clean up I'm going to have to think long and hard about ever using dyna matt!! No I will never use dyna matt again!!

Ah OK. I was hoping a primer tip would do it for me. I will have to look into that. I did open up the Lizard bucket tonight though and it isn't completely hard but it looks like many years have dried it out quite a bit. I will see if I can pull some out and add distilled water to it to see if it will loosen up or I wasted a large quantity of the stuff. Wasn't cheap way back then either. $120 odd a bucket if I remember correctly... I bought it when it qwas just new on the market.

Good luck with the build and keep he pics coming.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV