Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Got the REDO's rear knuckles back today from my friends machine shop.

Hopefully Arruats wide track set up will work now

h, the REDO's electrical.....

I think every wire and connection that the PO modified will eventually have to be checked and fixed.

I'm having an intermittent electrical problem and started with the wiring at the rear of the car. All the poly loom and electrical tape was removed from the rear harness.

More quality electrical work was uncovered/found with exposed hot wires, twisted connections and crimp connectors.

Also the brake light was run from the cab to the brake light above the rear window, then a wire spliced into that one to the rear tail lights. I'm not sure why this was done. I will be using the OEM wire from the power distribution block by the engine and removing the green wire

Also some wires that might not be needed?

More soldering and heat shrink to clean this up.... now had it been done right the first time, by the PO...

Good times to be had on the REDO!

Put the new brake switches in.

I see someone drilled the backing plate for the upper switch. Why, I have no clue....

Cut a piece of metal and welded it over the hole.

I used Nuts for the switches 1/2 - 20 (fine threads) from the electrical section of my hardware store

Cocktails and hot tub next !

Brother, I have to ask, did anything on the car actually work before you started work on it? I have this picture in my mind of the key being turned, some noise coming out of the horn and then a fireball ensues.... Really glad your righting "all" the wrongs on the REDO. It's already light years better than it was and it's going to be incredible when your finished. Keep pushing forward.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    Brother, I have to ask, did anything on the car actually work before you started work on it? I have this picture in my mind of the key being turned, some noise coming out of the horn and then a fireball ensues.... Really glad your righting "all" the wrongs on the REDO. It's already light years better than it was and it's going to be incredible when your finished. Keep pushing forward.
    lol yes I actually drove the car before I bought it. Once I go through and sort all the problem i can feel a bit better about the car. Thanks for the encouragement!

After yesterdays under the dash experience, my body was feeling some pain.

Went to the salvage yard and acquired two 1J0 973 735 connectors to wire up the

I found that the connectors had 10 openings but only 7 pins. Search around and found a 6 pin connector with the same 2.8mm pins.

Using paper clips removed the 6 PINS

Removed the rubber stoppers form the 10 pin connector.
    Added the 3 missing PINs

Cleaned up the rear harness and pulled all unused wire. This really cleaned up the mess that was back there.

Soldered and shrink wrapped the OEM connector to the Fiero wires.

Now the the fiero is plug and play with the OEM tail light.

Well Done. I am a super fan of cleaned up and prepped wiring. Looks dang near OEM now. Nice work.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    Well Done. I am a super fan of cleaned up and prepped wiring. Looks dang near OEM now. Nice work.
    Thanks! The wiring on this car is hideous for sure, been a real challenge and taken more time then I would have liked. But It is getting there!

The wiring gods smile on me today!!

I found the wire that was a cause one of my problems. I still don't have hazard lights, but then the PO never had the hazards working on the car.

I have the fog lights hooked up with the brake lights, but not sure if I will leave them like that or not. That is how an actual Murcielago owner did his upgrade.

http://www.safeer.us/diy-upgrade-lam...ht-conversion/

So back under the dash

A few more bugs to work out.
    Coming out of the bundle of wires, that mainly go to the ignition, are two green and a tan wire. These wires are attached to a black connector.

These might be the two wires that are identified in Murci-M's fiero to sebring conversion.There are also 2 wires that were also attached to the black connector, red and orange.

Coming out of the of the same bundle are a a red and orange wires twisted together. These might have at one time been connected to the black connector but the red wire seems to be a heavier gauge.

Does anyone know what this connector did?