Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Wow, what a ton or work there. I think I honestly would have tapped out at that point out of frustration. Mad props to you for pushing forward. This car is going to be epic and is most certainly in good hands given the amount of care and attention you have shown on this build... er.... REDO. lol

Keep up the good work and the updates coming. I am really looking forward to seeing this thing completed and it will be such a solid car when it is.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    Wow, what a ton or work there. I think I honestly would have tapped out at that point out of frustration. Mad props to you for pushing forward. This car is going to be epic and is most certainly in good hands given the amount of care and attention you have shown on this build... er.... REDO. lol

Keep up the good work and the updates coming. I am really looking forward to seeing this thing completed and it will be such a solid car when it is.
    Thanks G35!!

Re-assembled the door, glass etc and checked fit and function . finalized the welding.

Took it all apart, metal prepped and painted.

Fiber glassed in the frame.

Once it dries re-assemble

Cleaned up the window channel inserts and reinstalled along with motor and glass.

Then made bracket for attaching outer window sweep to outer door skin, after modifying the skin a bit

Pretty happy the way it is coming along

All the details coming together and paying off!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20below View Post
    All the details coming together and paying off!!

Every so slowly !! lol

For the door locks I will be using MES Swiss made actuators and a cable system rather than a lever system.

Bought 2 of the same cheap Chinese systems with remote, instructions were lame but got it to work. I have to test it a bit more, but since it wont be inside the door, I will probably use it

Using the fiero wiring and two relays with the OEM switch

just waiting on some hardware for the cable install.

Simple Man, if it is not too late, you might want to check out the PBS-II keyless unit by DigitalGuardDawg,com I have installed many of these and find them to be well suited and tech supported. The five channels are easy to program and give the option for keyfob door poppers and keyfob accent lighting among other things. The lights flash and it has all the other typical functions. It is going to be more pricey but it is exactly what is needed. Also comes with push button start and billet starter button. The adjustable arming is another great feature. Talk to Adam 916-235-9585.

Are you also going to look at some form of side crash protection as well? Maybe a bar of some sort going from front pillar to rear pillar/posts to to provide side impact protection? I have been thinking about ways to do that as well on my Countach build.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    Simple Man, if it is not too late, you might want to check out the PBS-II keyless unit by DigitalGuardDawg,com I have installed many of these and find them to be well suited and tech supported. The five channels are easy to program and give the option for keyfob door poppers and keyfob accent lighting among other things. The lights flash and it has all the other typical functions. It is going to be more pricey but it is exactly what is needed. Also comes with push button start and billet starter button. The adjustable arming is another great feature. Talk to Adam 916-235-9585.
    76, the system I purchased does all I need it to. locks, unlocks and flashes parking lights.
    If the China system fails viper is my next option.

Thks