Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Quote Originally Posted by escaperoute View Post
    Lookin' good!
    thanks man! a slow process, but coming along!

wow that rocker panel brings the side profile up ten notches!! Keep the updates coming my friend, your making awesome progress.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    wow that rocker panel brings the side profile up ten notches!! Keep the updates coming my friend, your making awesome progress.

Yes the OEM rocker is waaay better!

Well it looks like I haven't done anything on the car , but a lot of fiddling around with the outer door skin, fiber glassing sand etc to get the side view mirror to mount. I have had this door skin on the car, off the car so many times

had to add a flange on the upper part of the door, REDO the mirror mounting area, finalized my outer window scraper brackets (3m8115 then FGP). Added some wood blocks and bolts to mount the skin to get a better idea of how it all coming together

spent most the day working on the floor in a horizontal position

Did some body work on the rocker and qtr panel as i cut out the G28 rocker /scoop and replaced with OEM replica

used dyna glass to fix the gap left where I cut out the G28 rocker, Between the qtr panel and OEM replica scoop

Made a flange on the qtr panel and scoop and welded up a frame for the NEW oil cooler and trimmed and fitted the wheel well liner.

Pretty happy how solid the oil cooler mount is and the way the wheel well liner looks

I need a piece of ABS 10.5 x 76 inches. this will be a cover and attach to the rocker and frame underneath to the car to give a clean look

Nice!
    Is there some rubber isolation to the oil cooler mounting to prevent stress cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by 20below View Post
    Nice!
    Is there some rubber isolation to the oil cooler mounting to prevent stress cracks?
    Yes, 1/4 inch rubber washers.

looking good my friend. Steady as she goes.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Trying to put to bed the wiring on the drivers door

ran about 18 wires into the door via a rubber grommet, then started to wire everything up.

Courtesy lights - door opens lights come on

Door Lock actuator