Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

what a yawner on the REDO today, did some fiberglass repair, Wash, rinse, sand, acetone, tin foil etc. on the rear trunk lid and hacked up body

I love that your saving this car from its truly pathetic state of affairs but I have to say... starting from scratch might have been a better way to go with the sheer amount of work you have had to put in to correct the PO's... design choices?

Suppose it's too late to turn back now. At least when this is done you will have a truly magnificent and WAY more dependable machine than when it first started out. If this was me... I think I would have to die with the car because after all this work, I just wouldn't be able to sell it and feel I got my monies worth.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Quote Originally Posted by G35Mike View Post
    I love that your saving this car from its truly pathetic state of affairs but I have to say... starting from scratch might have been a better way to go with the sheer amount of work you have had to put in to correct the PO's... design choices?

Suppose it's too late to turn back now. At least when this is done you will have a truly magnificent and WAY more dependable machine than when it first started out. If this was me... I think I would have to die with the car because after all this work, I just wouldn't be able to sell it and feel I got my monies worth.
    G35, thanks for the comments. I don't think about the past or the future, mainly just living in the moment enjoying working on the REDO. Call me crazy but Im getting my monies worth right now with the sense of accomplishment and gratification I get after successfully completing a section of the car. If I wanted another sports car to add to what I already have, I would buy a 458 or 488. Certainly I would not buy a "completed" replica.

This project is about working through the issues, coming up with a solution, fabricating and getting shit to work and look good, Has nothing to do about driving the car or what I can get for it when Im done working on it. I don't even know if I will finish before I die ! lol, Just having a great time at the moment!

Totally get it. It's just as much about the process as it is about the car itself or the end result

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post

This project is about working through the issues, coming up with a solution, fabricating and getting shit to work and look good, Has nothing to do about driving the car or what I can get for it when Im done working on it. I don't even know if I will finish before I die ! lol, Just having a great time at the moment!

I could not have said it any better

thanks for the comments guys , these builds have varied meanings to people, main things is to enjoy!

Made a plug and then a mold for the rear spoiler and started on the recessed area on the rear trunk.

Over all pretty happy with the part

completed mold

part being made

recessed area

new spoiler

Made some brackets to mount the bat wings to the body.

Got the actuators installed and the bat wings go up and down with the engine bonnet closed. The actuators hold the bat wings nice and firm in up or down position. Still need to wire up with relays.

Had to cut the fiberglass on the body and fiber glassed from below to remove the gap form OEM sized bat wing to G28 Body. Ill do the drivers side next and a bunch of body work to to get the bonnet, bat wings and body gaps correct

Making amazing progress. Keep up the good work. The car is looking very impressive.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

great progress!