Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C4 Corvette based Miura?

C4 Corvette based Miura?

Has anyone else contemplated this? i did a qick and dirty photochop of what it could look like and i think it looks fantastic! and the c4 can be found super cheap! and if this was only a visual replica, you wouldn't have too much fabrication or anything mechanical to mess with!

Last edited by ZIGGYtheIRISH; 02-07-2017 at 10:20 PM.

I like it and I feel like it wouldn't take much

To post your photobucket pics here , simply copy and Paste the IMG links photobucket provides you into your reply here

The windshield pillar and side glass of the c4 corvette look pretty similar to the Miura!!
    Not making any changes there, and simply Unbolting the big clamshell corvette hood to make a Miura style hood would make for a very simple build

The rear body of course would need a custom mold /overlay. I bet ncraxyballa can easily make a foam plug

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    To post your photobucket pics here , simply copy and Paste the IMG links photobucket provides you into your reply here

The windshield pillar and side glass of the c4 corvette look pretty similar to the Miura!!
    Not making any changes there, and simply Unbolting the big clamshell corvette hood to make a Miura style hood would make for a very simple build

The rear body of course would need a custom mold /overlay. I bet ncraxyballa can easily make a foam plug
    thanks ill try it next time! if there are enough people interested, id consider having a plug made and pulling molds from it! or even if 3 or so people were interest in going in on a buck and we can each pull out own molds. i have no intention of trying to make money, or turn it into a business

Do you make your own molds?

Quote Originally Posted by Royalworks View Post
    Do you make your own molds?
    i have before (sort of) ive done small molds for a few parts, or molds for casting. and once did a custom hood for a friends miata, but nothing like a whole car. so itd be a learning curve.

I have a company down here that makes them pretty cheap and they are really nice. That's all they do is make molds and fibreglass parts.

Cutting up a fiberfab Jamaican and widening it might make the job easier.

I think this would be a winner if someone came up with a complete kit that was easy to assemble and really looked convincing. Another option could be a more present day concept design based on the original.

http://accredcross.org/wp-content/up...-Concept-4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I think this would be a winner if someone came up with a complete kit that was easy to assemble and really looked convincing. Another option could be a more present day concept design based on the original.

http://accredcross.org/wp-content/up...-Concept-4.jpg
    I like the look of that concept too, but the original more! Although I planned on modernizing the lights and stuff, more like the updated concept. But I have some time off soon and I'll play with the Adobe Photomutilator a little more and see what I get. I'll also try and do an "original" design by mish-mashing up some other late 50's to early 70's super cars ala "grand theft auto five" style, and gauge everyone's opinions.

Right now the biggest problem to slow me down is money. And if I can't make a kit to sell to recoup some of my expenses, this project will be drawn out exponentially!