Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1988 Mera restoration and modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by mera308gts View Post
    Quote "This is a picture I found online showing what it will look like once my Ferrari caps arrive."

That is my car, Mera # 8151! I can tell by the exhaust traps that came on the car and I still hate to this day.
    So it is! Man, your car looks great! I noticed your taillights are flipped compared to mine (orange inners). Is that the correct way? Do you have any more photos of your car, or a thread about it somewhere?

Correct Ferrari taillight configuration would be yellow on the outside. Mera's were delivered red outside to meet US requirements.

Chris, beyond taillights you could go crazy with your Mera rebuild . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Great looking interior pieces. ahhh heak. the whole car looks great!
    Wow, coming from you this is like Michelangelo complementing my MS Paint drawing.

Thank you, MacGyver I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mera308gts View Post
    Correct Ferrari taillight configuration would be yellow on the outside. Mera's were delivered red outside to meet US requirements.

Chris, beyond taillights you could go crazy with your Mera rebuild . . . . . . .
    I want to drive my car! lol. If I start on building it into the that I would never get it finished! Did you ever see my AD355 build? Everyone told me that was the easiest car to build and it took me 10 years to figure it out.

But seriously, that car looks awesome and I would love to be able to build another one in the future and make it a 288 GTO. But I feel a Mera is special enough I don't want to modify it. I am boxing up every original part I am taking off the Mera and storing it in my garage as some day in the future all the stock Formula interior might go back in.

Since I have the dash out and I am waiting on a heater core I took the opportunity to remove the overly complex alarm system that was installed in the car. I was able to easily return the car wiring back to stock. Then I installed a keyless entry system, it is a very simple setup that just locks and unlocks the doors and flashes the parking lights. I do not like the GM two key setup so this will allow me to carry only one key and a fob (along with a hidden backup door key in event of a failure). I really enjoyed having the space to do the wiring right and heat shrink all the connections and mount the box up high and out of the way. The one nice thing about this system is it has a learning feature that will allow it to add additional remotes. I am going to see if I can find a remote that will work that is small enough I can trim it down to fit in the F360 key heads I have. That would be awesome because I would only need to carry that one key with the built in fob. If I am unable to find a remote that will work with this system I will keep my eyes open for another system that I can swap it out with. it is easy to change now I understand the wiring and the system I bought was only $28.

This is the fob for the system I installed. It is based on a Hyundai key fob.

This is the F360 key head I am going to hope to find a transmitter I can fit into it that I can make work with my system.

Yesterday I finally got the correct Momo steering wheel adapter. I ordered one on eBay and they sent me one for a BMW and I only found out after I already had taken the other steering wheel off. It delayed me about 8 days to get the correct part. I hate having to put stuff back together because someone sold you the wrong part, but at least these days being able to buy parts online you have more control over what parts you get.

My Fiero Store pedals came today and they are beautiful!

I like what I see here!

I reassembled my dash after redying it but I am still waiting on my heater core to arrive before I can put it back in the car. I have ordered pretty much an entirely new air conditioning system since the car is still R12 and the compressor is frozen, everything has arrived except the compressor and it will be here tomorrow. I also think I have figured out how to make the F360 key heads work with my keyless entry system and hopefully will be able to finish converting to a one key setup. Also tomorrow my new door lock actuators are arriving, I went with an aftermarket design because I have had too much trouble having the stock Fiero systems work reliably.

Also, I finally found center caps that fit perfectly into the Mera wheels, they snap in just like they were made for them. I have some Ferrari decals coming to go on them as well.

Chris, where did you get those center caps?