Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DNA 430 Build - the last UK 4Thirty DNA kit sold

You will have to get me contact info for the brakes! Brian sent me spare brackets for mounting. Been looking for some dummy brakes.

No your doing the f430 challenge exhaust option, still an oem (race option) I'm pretty sure. Hahaha love it, nice work (google the challenge exhaust to give you paint ideas for the trim.) I think the tips are perfect, not too close to leave carbon on the body. Mine are going to stick out about the same.
    Last edited by Rippin6Gears; 05-23-2017 at 05:59 PM.

The mirror mounts on the top of the doors on the DNA kit sit at the wrong angle to allow the mirrors to align with the angle of the door glass and windscreen surround. A lot of fettling was needed to get the mirrors to sit at the right angle. Also, I didn't want to bond the mirrors on in case of damage and needing to remove later. All that was needed was 10mm studding, and a brace plate to stiffen the mount to stop the mirror bouncing when driving.

Better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippin6Gears View Post
    No your doing the f430 challenge exhaust option, still an oem (race option) I'm pretty sure. Hahaha love it, nice work (google the challenge exhaust to give you paint ideas for the trim.) I think the tips are perfect, not too close to leave carbon on the body. Mine are going to stick out about the same.
    Thanks R.

Travelling in Norway for work at the moment, but when back, I'll dig out the details for the calipers if you like. I'm really pleased with mine. Also, I'll contact the guy who supplied the discs and tags and tell him you might be interested in some kit. If he's got more, he may be able to help you. I've got some pics of the discs/calipers fitted somewhere so I'll find them and show. As said. I'm very happy with mine.

Yeah need some for my 19" wheels I'm ordering soon, just shoot me a email or give him my information when you get back in, no rush.
    Last edited by Rippin6Gears; 01-04-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippin6Gears View Post
    Yeah need some for my 19" wheels I'm ordering soon, just shoot me a email or give him my information when you get back in, no rush. Rippin6Gears@gmail.com
    Hi R,

I've mentioned you may be interested in fake brake parts to others, hopefully they will be able to help. The dummy callipers I used were Ebay 150749265167 but that number isn't up now. Mine came from Malaysia, and can be identified by the 9 off bolts on the larger fronts. The cheaper/nastier Chinese versions have less fasteners. It's worth seeing if you can track down a source for these as the bolt holes can be used with studding to mount them to the carrier plates. I bought 2 sets so I could bond them into a complete assembly. Also I used Ferrari decals - 121173720219 on Ebay.

I am looking to do a proper brake job in time, but the fakes will have to do for the moment.

Hi Steve I got the same from Malaysia, the brake pipe is really flimsy, I've snapped two of them, I'll make some nickel ones up later, but I'm happy with them, mine have the chrome 3d emblem
    D

I have been looking for these for a while on Ebay here in the US. Can't seam to find any with Non 3d Brembo logos.

The project looks really good.

Question: What tips are you using? What size are they? i've been looking for something like that for a while.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Fortunately, the ones I've got had sticker 'Brembo'. This simply peeled off and I stuck on the Ferrari transfers. The covers I've got don't seem to be on Ebay at the moment. As said, a tell tale is there are 9 socket head fasteners on the fronts, and just checked mine, the fake hydraulics are metal as well.

2 sets for all 4 wheels and postage came to less than 50 GBP.