Thread: Vaydor kit car vs FFR 818C vs FFR GTM

Vaydor kit car vs FFR 818C vs FFR GTM

So, I'm wondering for a kit car if I should choose the Factory Five 818C, the Factory Five GTM, or the Vaydor kit car. I've heard better things about the Factory Five company, but it is more expensive from what I've seen. I know Vaydor seems to be going downhill from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong), but I like the look of the Vaydor more than the factory five cars, and it's less expensive.

My experience: Literally none. I'm 13, have just started getting into cars, but I'm willing to research all the components to cars. I'm hoping to buy one of these cars after I've gained some experience (probably around 17ish is when I would buy one). My daily driver would be a 2009 honda accord sedan, so these kit cars would not be a daily driver, just for car meets and fun.

My opinions on the Vaydor car: I would personally build this car myself (as that would be the cheapest and the other alternatives seem to be like $60k+ which is too much) and engine swap it with a 2jz-ge (as it's a cheap, tunable engine). I haven't seen an engine swap with for a Vaydor so I have no idea if this would work, but hey, it would be crazy if it did. What do you think of this, any better alternatives?

My opinions on factory Five: They seem like a great company, but I haven't researched them that much. To be honest, I like their 818C and GTM, but not any other cars - not a fan of classics. I'm leaning towards the 818C, just because it's probably more practical than having a race car sitting in my garage, but still, love both cars. Just not sure what to do with them.

Final things: My budget is like 50-60K, not including tools ("But you're 13! How are you gonna afford that?!?" I'm going to be a freelance python developer - they make some nice money and I can decide when I want to work. I just have to be smart with my money for the next few years.). I can probably do the 818C and Vaydor with this budget, but the GTM might be pushing it. Good thing that I'm not leaning towards the GTM, I'd prefer the Vaydor and 818C. I would love opinions on everything that I'm going to do. I would also like some tips on joining the car community and learning things, such as some nice sites which provide information on kit cars, like this one. To clarify, the order I would like the cars is the Vaydor, then the 818C, and then the GTM.

There's absolutely no comparison. The FF is mid engine, build to your specs, race car. The vaydor is a nissan with an oddly proportioned bodykit and oversized wheels.
    By the time you're able to afford to build anything there may be other kits or replicas that are more alluring to you though. I applaud your enthusiasm and I wish more kids like you wanted to do something constructive instead of sitting with a screen 6" away from their face all the time.

I would say either of the factory five.

They have courses that you can attend that will help you for your own kit build and will continue to support your kit for longer into the future than you will get with the Vaydor. I've no first hand experience of building a Vaydor, but from what I understand, it's best left to a pro.

By that I mean, what would happen 2 years in if you drop one of the panels during your build and need a replacement? Or worse a minor fender bender? The FF would be a case of picking up the phone.

I'm not even sure if the Vaydor would be cheaper. It may seem it on the surface, but the ongoing costs for things you don't think about, soon mounts up.

I'm currently restoring an old Porsche after having built and owned quite a few kit cars. I'm amazed at how nickel and dimed I'm getting with the Porsche. Used spares are expensive and replacement parts are bad too. Try $75 for two transmission bolts.

These are the things we never really consider when we set out to build a car, but from what I understand, the FF cars are far more complete in that sense. To me there is no doubt of which I would go for.

First off , welcome ! You sound more mature for 13 years old then many 30 year olds !

As others says above , in 3-4 years there will be all kinds of different cars out there . Vaydor will likely be unavailable by then , and the style will likely be considered played out. The best deals will be buying someone's unfinished project if you still want one by then

Factory five may have new offerings by then

First for 13 years all you have a lot of knowledge.
    you have to make a choice if you want to build one kit car for the look or performance
    For the look will be something like the vaydor or Lamborghini,Ferrari replicas
    for performance Factory Five is your choice those cars has been prove on the track good company and also really friendly people

Thank you to everyone who has provided advice, and who have called me mature or knowledgeable for a 13 year old - it made my day! I started a different thread about this (it's just the same title but without the vaydor car, just the 818c vs gtm. It's probably near the top of the list in the kit car chat, but here's the link if you don't see it - http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/ge...8c-vs-gtm.html) because of the advice I have been given. It seems that people think vaydor is not the best company to work with, and I agree. I was skeptical of them at first (A supercar for 14k? In my dreams...), and everyone here has just confirmed my suspicions. The ongoing repair cost and bad service kind of ruins it. Factory Five seems to be the way to go I guess! They seem professional, respectable, and decently cheap. Thanks for all the help! Is there any news of when Factory Five might release their next kit car? I would love to know anything about that, especially if it's a sportier car like the 818c.

That's not true. The Vaydor company is good. I have one body kit home and another one the way and it all works out good for me.
    Maybe one day when you have your own business you will see that it's really hard to deal with people.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...jz-1000hp.html
    Last edited by Dannythunder; 09-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavross View Post
    Thank you to everyone who has provided advice, and who have called me mature or knowledgeable for a 13 year old - it made my day! I started a different thread about this (it's just the same title but without the vaydor car, just the 818c vs gtm. It's probably near the top of the list in the kit car chat, but here's the link if you don't see it - http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/ge...8c-vs-gtm.html) because of the advice I have been given. It seems that people think vaydor is not the best company to work with, and I agree. I was skeptical of them at first (A supercar for 14k? In my dreams...), and everyone here has just confirmed my suspicions. The ongoing repair cost and bad service kind of ruins it. Factory Five seems to be the way to go I guess! They seem professional, respectable, and decently cheap. Thanks for all the help! Is there any news of when Factory Five might release their next kit car? I would love to know anything about that, especially if it's a sportier car like the 818c.
    With all due respect, don't believe everthing you read online.. you will find many half truths and whole lies. Every single customer that has purchased a kit from us has received that kit in or around the time agreed upon, professionally created and shrink wrapped. Additionally I personally guide each customer through the building process as they need help..on shop and on my own time. Very few companies can say they have customer service like that. If you have any specific question you'd like to ask or would like to clear up some of the misconceptions please feel free to inbox me.

Metro you only talk bad about Vaydor But just making this company bigger because I'm going to buy another body kit you're making too much effort
    Build something yourself and stop talking trash about everybody's job you are talking about the real deal and we don't see a single picture of anything.

Stop talking and build Home Depot screws fiberglass would whatever you think of and we will support you