Thread: Factory Five 818C vs GTM

Factory Five 818C vs GTM

So, originally I had a thread about these two cars and the vaydor kit car, but I'm starting to lean more towards the Factory Five cars because of the support they get and a larger fanbase (and other reasons). I looked at the Factory Five cars, and these were the two I liked the most. I would like others opinions on what to do with these cars - which do you prefer, any projects with these cars involved, and just anything else you would like to share about these cars. I wouldn't use this car as a daily driver, but I would keep it and have some fun with it, maybe add a turbo and some other mods, ya know, just have fun with it. Would love to hear opinions from people who have more experience than me.

FF are having a fall sale:
    https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...-2017-special/

As for the gtm vs the 818, I can't really comment.

Grassroots motor sports tested an 818 convertible a while back. Would be worth a read.
    I gave a pile of my old copies away just last weekend, otherwise I would have been able to tell you which issue.

The best thing you can do is go down there and have a look.

I think if I wasn't doing my Porsche, I would be building one of their classic coupes with the new chassis. Then again I'm an old man!

I might still, but two kitcars might be too much!

Aww man, if only I could afford the car now! Would love to save a cool $800 or something on the tires :/. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/pr...tory-five-818/ seems to be the test you were talking about - to be honest I'm probably going to read the whole thing, just so see everything they did. I would love to go down there to have a look, but I doubt my parents would appreciate driving 8 hours, so I guess I have to wait 3 years before that. I'll just search around online for some stuff, maybe send an email to them. Good luck on your Porsche, and thanks for the help!

Big difference between the 20K 818 and the 50-60k GTM, in terms of money, build time, etc. For a first effort, the 818 makes MUCH more sense. If the GTM is what you want, then look at the RCR GT-40 replica, maybe a better choice.

Very true. Price will have a big impact on my decision, and is one of the main reasons I'm leaning towards the 818C. The GT-40 replica looks great too, never really thought about it as an option though. I'll probably go with the 818C unless factory five reveals a new kit car which I love.