Thread: For Sale: Lamborghini Replica LP640 Roadster 23K OBO

For Sale: Completed Lamborghini Replica LP640 Roadster 23K OBO

I built this car as a project, and I am selling it for Exactly how much it costs to build one. It is complete, it just requires fiberglass body work.

Selling my Completed, Turn-Key G28 Roadster Kit Car (Lamborghini LP640) on an MR2

These vehicles are going Extinct; there are only a dozen of them that are road-worthy here in the US.
    This is your chance to own one that is Economical, Light, Quick, and really fun.
    Runs Excellent. Title in hand. Cheap to Register. Low Maintenance. Low Insurance costs.

Registration paid, California Car, with a Salvage Title.

All the parts I used to ornament and put this kit car together are BRAND NEW.

-

Built on a 1995 MR2 with a NA 2.2L 5S-FE engine and a 5-speed Manual Transmission.
    (For the 95 model, only 356 were sold in the US; No Turbo Models for California, only Naturally Aspired)

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine: Inline Four Cylenders, iron block with aluminum DOHC 16-valve head
    Horsepower: 135 @ 5400rpm
    Torque: 145 lbs-ft @ 4400rpm
    Curb Weight: 2600 Lbs
    Economy: 22 City/29 Hwy MPG

This 2.2 4-Cyl MR2 is equally powerful with a 2.8 V6 Fiero, and about 200 lbs lighter

Options:

Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with an acceleration sensor
    Electro-hydraulic power steering (EHPS) to boost assist at low speeds and reduce assist at high speeds
    Air conditioning & Heater
    Tilt Steering Wheel
    Cruise control (I disabled the button for now, you can reconnect it if you like).
    Passenger Airbag

Remote Entry (Included also are manual indoor latches, if you want to make them mechanical)
    Sliding & Reclining Sports Seats
    Sport-Themed, Two-Tone Interior
    Collision Protection for Front Bumper, and Doors.
    Upgraded D.O.T. Complient Lights

- THE DONOR VEHICLE -

Serviced it with Brand New Parts:

New Battery
    New Iridium Spark Plugs
    New Oil Filter
    New Fuel Filter
    New Fuel Pump
    New Thermostat & Housing
    New Water Pump & Seal
    New Oil Pump Gasket
    New Oil Pan Gasket
    New Valve Cover Gasket
    New Manifold Gasket
    New Timing Belt & Seals

Added K&N Cold Air Intake (C.A.R.B. Approved)
    Removed the old Muffler (You can add your own to make it sound as you like it to)

All Systems were Flushed:
    I Flushed the Fuel Tank, Flushed Brake & Clutch hydrolics, Drained oil, Drained Coolant, Drained AC, and replaced with new ones to specs (I just didn't add ac fluid yet

I drove the car after that and it runs and drivers like Brand New. (It's smoother with the addition of the Cold Air Filer, and removal of the old 30 lbs Muffler).

- INTERIOR -

New Red/Black Reclinable Race-Style Seats
    New Sliding Seat-Rails
    New Momo Steering Wheel with center Horn
    New Short Knob Shifter
    New Shifter Boot
    New Red Key Set with Door-Pop Remotes
    New Red/Black Floor Mats
    New Red/Silver Pedals
    New 7" Toutch Screen Stereo with BT, Pandora, Etc. (also Camera Aplicable, if You choose to install a Dash Cam or License Plate Cam).
    New Speakers and Wires.

(I didn't attach the rear view mirror (included), and left the power chord that ran to it intact; in case you want to add a modern mirror with a cam and/or a screen)

Everything works smoothely; the seat belts, the seats reclining and sliding, the horn, etc.
    All Systems, instruments , and dashboard gauges function properly.

NOTE: You can make it look amazing with many upgrades that the MR2 interior can host (Just google, for example 'MR2 LED Cluster', 'MR2 Glow Gauges', or check out this interior with painted panels http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0013_large.jpg). You want a different color interior to match the color you chose to paint the car? No problems there, just buy an entire new interior for less than $500.

- SUSPENSION -

New Coil Overs
    New 2" Spacers
    New Rims & Center Caps
    New Tires

I lowered the car 2" all around and got it an Allignment after I stretched it and widend it. Zero Miles on all Parts.

These all are off-the-shelf products, you can buy a new wheel easily because it is not custom.

- THE STRETCH -

The vehicle came with T-Tops, so the chassis was designed with the idea that the car is esthetically a convertible.
    All mechanisms on the donor car (The MR2) were disconnected (not cut-off) and properly extended with additional off-the-shelf parts to accomodate for the chassis stretch - except for the Aluminum AC and Heater Tubes, those were extended by welding additional aluminum tubing.

The Stretch is Beautiful, Strong, and as Professional as it can ever be.

Huge Trunk Space, Front Hood Space, and Cabin Space.

- THE KIT -

I purchased it from Rob, it was a Triangle-G kit he acquired.
    It's really thick and strong.
    I had to cut, sand, and fabricate a lot of fiberglass on the kit as none of the parts fit; the grills, the lights the doors, etc.
    Surfaces are nice and smooth, but is now rough on many edges as I had to fabricate most of the edges, all the tabs, and fit many OEM parts, and kit-to-kit parts that were originally impossible to fit.
    The exterior of the car is mostly in white gel coat.

- LAMBORGHINI PARTS -

New Genuine Lamborghini (04 Murcielago) Tail Lights (2x)
    New Genuine Lamborghini Grills (15x)

- NON-OEM KIT-FITTED PARTS -

New Windshield (Custom Cut)
    New Remote Door Poppers Installed
    New Fuel Door
    New GT Mirrors with Smoked LED lihghts.
    New Smoked LED Bullet Lights (Amber Bulbs)
    New Headlight Low Beam Bulbs (2x P1)
    New Headlight High Beam Bulbs (2x P6)
    New Smoked side marker light (Set of 4 with Amber Bulbs)
    New Leses for Headlights
    New License Plate Lights
    New Fasteners for Front Hood & Engine Hatch (Not the Trunk)
    New Struts / Shocks (For Doors)

USED PARTS:

Single-Blade Windshield Motor, with an Adjustable Wiper Blade.
    2 OEM Hinges, Door Latches & Strikers.

NEEDS: Weather Strips

- PRICE - $22,995

If a vehicle is purchased and recorded at the Sale Price, the sale's tax would ecceed $2,000.
    If the vehicle is sold on ebay, the transaction fees (ebay + Paypal) would ecceed $2,500.

However, seeing how it is now technically a Salvaged 95 MR2, and that I paid the sales tax on all the parts and services already, I can write the sale price as $2,995 Which is what I bought the car for. This should save the buyer $2,000 at regestration. BTW., liability Insurance on this car is less than $100 a Month.
    Last edited by am33r; 10-01-2017 at 04:49 PM.

These two pictures are without the windshield and inner door cards

Last edited by am33r; 10-01-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Are you still located in Stockton ?
    What kind of car is that grey car next to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    Looks like a Lotus exige

...(Sorry should have fully read your response )
    AM33R's replica is nicely built (of-course it needs to be completed) compare to other uncompleted replicas out there this one has HUGE potentials!
    AM33R you should finish this beast.......

CCIE
    Last edited by CCIE; 09-29-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Yes, West of Stockton towards Discovery Bay. It's my Lotus Elise

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE View Post
    AM33R's replica is nicely built (of-course it needs to be completed) compare to other uncompleted replicas out there this one has HUGE potentials!
    AM33R you should finish this beast.......

CCIE
    four years ago, I built this car as a project in a really short time (over one summer), i wanted it to be fwy worthy and it already is - many replicas aren't. I think it is 'complete' and is missing nothing, but it needs body work and to me that is not something I want to do.
    I can add a rod to hold the hood lid up, or attach the rear view mirror, or glue on the weather stripping, or add the newer hand brake handle... these are the few simple things that are still left in a box in the trunk, but that doesn't make it any more complete (= It's done for now, It's turn key already. The bodywork required is about 80 Hours, then it will be ready for paint.
    Last edited by am33r; 09-29-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Last edited by am33r; 09-29-2017 at 05:57 PM.

This is what Rob lp640 should have done - slap them together quickly then put on his famous shiny paint jobs

This is what Rob lp640 should have done - slap them together quickly then put on his famous shiny paint jobs
    Would've been nice, I wouldn't have taken on this challenge.

I think I was only able to finish quickly because I chose an MR2 and kept my interior & dash intact (I didn't care to replicate the interior of a Murcielago because I saw no point in that).
    From what I knew, the shiny $17K Fiero-based ones needed changing Suspension, Steering Column, Interior, and all the Dash Components. They also needed all the Electronics, metal work, adding every Grill, every Light, every Hinge and Latch; they can't be sold for $17K after finishing all that. On top of it all, they would still have an 80s Fiero Drive Train.

That's a lot of work, I couldn't take on such a project, Rob produces something way different than what i built
    Last edited by am33r; 10-01-2017 at 04:40 PM.