Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Testarossa parts

WTB Testarossa parts

I recently aquired a Testarossa project someone else abandoned..
    I have 1 factory fog light, looking to see what others has done as the originals seem to be
    $1500-1800 a set..

Is anyone still producing any parts??
    Last edited by jb1; 11-07-2017 at 05:07 AM.

This is what the later 512TR replicas used

Mostly the Ron Rosser kits. YourS look to be the same as the 512TR replica I have where the openings were made around OEM foglights. Due to the cost It made obtaining them pretty difficult. Basically with a little modification to the fiberglass openings on the bumper you can fit these and have a readily available supply on hand. here is a modified version... But Please dont tint them yellow...lol..

Last edited by bodyman; 11-08-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Thank you ,, just the info I was looking for..
    I wish I had the other factory but no way am I spending $1800 on a set..

did you use the dual round pop ups or flush buckets like pic above?

jb1,

My TR has a poor attempt at the flush mount. They are not only fugly, they have the benefit of also being nearly worthless for night driving! However, they do allow me to spotlight squirrels in trees, and low flying aircraft.

The four rectangular bulbs are "glued" in place, so the only adjustment available is by cutting the silicone adhesive, adjusting them, and gluing again... and then hoping they don't move too much before the adhesive dries.

The headlights in the image above look much better. I have heard some people used headlights from a 300ZX.

Bodyman, thank you for the suggestion on the Caravan lights. I think my fog/driving lights are home made, but the Caravan light may work as a replacement!

Anyone know a source for tr512 Oem fog light covers. Heard that somebody reproduced them in plastic.

Drewbo, I looked at these not sure about dimensions .. but I also have the dual round i believe i may stick with them.
    http://www.fleettruckparts.com/Headl...-RECT-NO-BEZEL

redhammer, I cam across a few sets of reproduction lens during my search for originals... i have a rh complete assembly but it has hazed over on very bad.. I will try to find links again but believe ones i found were glass and around $200 ea
    Last edited by jb1; 11-09-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb1 View Post
    redhammer, I cam across a few sets of reproduction lens during my search for originals... i have a rh complete assembly but it has hazed over on very bad.. I will try to find links again but believe ones i found were glass and around $200 ea
    JB1 were they for tr512? i heard even reproductions are impossible to find and very expensive. I have original 512 fog light on my car but missing the lenses

Quote Originally Posted by redhammer View Post
    JB1 were they for tr512? i heard even reproductions are impossible to find and very expensive. I have original 512 fog light on my car but missing the lenses
    If yours looks like one then yes..
    https://flic.kr/p/DeeNB5

Those caravan lights look terrible. They aren't the right shape. I bought the original light housings and had chips in the lenses. I contacted this company and they made me a set of lenses for little money. I think it was under $1K for the lenses. They sell 1st gen testarossa lenses as well. I have had these on the car for over a year now and no yellowing and great fit.

http://www.squadranuvolari.com/ferrari-products.htm