Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 512TR build

512TR build

I just got this car to the house today, Not sure who started the project but maybe someone will recognize it..
    I have a long list of needed parts.. Plan is to go with a longitude 5.3 with Porsche trans.
    This project will start very slow as I am waiting on my new shop to be completed here at the house.

I have been a member here since around 2002 , can not get old account to function properly..
    FB_IMG_1510045856045 by james Brown, on Flickr
    Last edited by jb1; 02-08-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Last edited by jb1; 02-08-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Is it in a fiero chassis ? Why not just do the 5.3 and auto trans from the Monte Carlo SS/Impala SS
    Or the six speed manual from Pontiac g6? Way cheaper than Porsche manual and bolts right up

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    Is it in a fiero chassis ? Why not just do the 5.3 and auto trans from the Monte Carlo SS/Impala SS
    Or the six speed manual from Pontiac g6? Way cheaper than Porsche manual and bolts right up
    That would be much easier and save a lot of headaches.. but truth I have always just wanted a longitude midengine v8 car..

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    it looks like a good start
    Thank you.. it has a few original Testarossa factory pieces... Factory cluster housing, 1 fog light.... Rear quarter glass and what appears to be an overhead console for 3 gauges..

Lots and lots of work ahead but it's all about the journey though, so bon voyage! Be sure to post regular updates once it's in the new shop.

BTW, how long has the wheelbase been stretched? My friend Yarmouth Fiero (Graham) is installing an LS3 with an Audi 01E transmission here: http://www.ns355.ca/ Everything he does is done in CAD first, so he might be a great source of dimensional information.

Thanks Blooz ,
    How is your 355 kit. Coming along.. I not been around awhile and lost track of it when you left pennocks.. I had to make a new account , original account will not let me post nor reply to anything..
    I will look up Yarmouth's build .. I was looking at same trans last night..

I just finished building a new 30 x 30 garage so I've been on a 6 month hiatus from the F355. I just got back to work on the car recently though, so it'll take a week or two before I've done anything worthy of posting. Thanks for asking.

Blooozberry , Going with hardwood floors in this one?? If rain holds off I am going to clean out my kit and take plenty of pics and post them up... i am really unsure how i feel about the flat floor,,, adds troubles of where to put fuel cell.. I really hate to put fuel cell up front as I would like to make filler door on side functional..