Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kit Car - TurnKey Suspension Business for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    Bloozberry, whether the products are fantastic or trash, how can "Anyone buying the product line do OK" if their inventory, jigs, and technical support (all ability to supply product) is going to the trash unless a third party steps up, and what possible incentive is there for that third party to step up?
    The original post is poorly worded leaving various interpretations of its meaning possible. I assume nothing has been sold yet... not the intellectual property, not the product lines, and not the tooling. I assume it all goes together, but that is pure speculation on my behalf. You're right to question what is being offered.

Strangely enough we are aware of this customer, as well as all customers that have run into issues with installation. Each case is different, as is everybodys situation. Some have found that their vehicle was in an accident that they were not aware of because the frame is bent, causing parts not to fit correctly. Others Customers have decided to provide us with measurements since they are doing custom assemblies, and the measurement points do not match up. This particular customer that you have referenced, tried to put his parts on upside down. Do understand, that while we do our best to make this process as simple as possible, we can not account for every little instance.

West Shore, good to have you checking in. Now that your customer issues are clarified, can you comment on the sale issues?

76mx I was thinking along the same lines as JBrown because nothing else made sense to me. I didn't think it was that much of a stretch to assume that it would all have to be sold together. I mean you guys made it much more complicated in your interpretation of things. Maybe I am wrong. If so, I stand corrected.

-Van

P.S. You guys site one example of a problem order and assume that the whole production line is crap? I am a believer that more people take to the web to write about bad experiences than the many more that have good/great experiences. I bet you use yelp reviews to decide what restaurants to eat at. Or better yet, IMDB reviews to gauge what movies to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by red328gtb View Post
    P.S. You guys site one example of a problem order and assume that the whole production line is crap? I am a believer that more people take to the web to write about bad experiences than the many more that have good/great experiences. I bet you use yelp reviews to decide what restaurants to eat at. Or better yet, IMDB reviews to gauge what movies to watch.
    I was being polite when I referred to only one customer with problems... and it wasn't because he was trying to install the drop spindles he bought upside-down, as West Shore Fabricators ridiculously suggests. Do your own research... here at MM, at Pennocks, and at Real Fiero Tech. If you're too lazy to look into the quality problems from this manufacturer, or into the reputations of the people making these remarks, then spin the roulette wheel and buy some of their products before it's too late. I did, then promptly redesigned the entire front and rear suspensions of my car. I'm anxious to hear what your experience is with this company and their products.

The sale of the company includes the all the intellectual property and rights as has been mentioned. We will turnover everything that we have and have done. The reason for the sale is to find a buyer that is willing to continue the support of Fiero line. As we all are aware, finding material support for the Fiero has become increasingly more and more difficult due to the discontinuation of support from GM and Chrysler. We do not wish to see the aftermarket support for the Fieros disappear, however, we are also set for retirement and ready to pass the torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozberry View Post
    I was being polite when I referred to only one customer with problems... and it wasn't because he was trying to install the drop spindles he bought upside-down, as West Shore Fabricators ridiculously suggests. Do your own research... here at MM, at Pennocks, and at Real Fiero Tech. If you're too lazy to look into the quality problems from this manufacturer, or into the reputations of the people making these remarks, then spin the roulette wheel and buy some of their products before it's too late. I did, then promptly redesigned the entire front and rear suspensions of my car. I'm anxious to hear what your experience is with this company and their products.
    I didn't mean to start a flame war here. I will defer to you on this Bloozberry, as I can see you have clearly more experience and technical knowledge here. I have never been lazy at anything in my life. I hadn't looked up bad press with regard to Held/West Shore because I have had other Fiero friends successfully install rear coil over kits from Held/West Shore and kitcar friends that have been happy with their wide track suspension packages. I may have spoken out of turn on this. I didn't mean to challenge you in any way. The Yelp/IMDB references where just meant to say that I don't usually trust other's bad experiences online. That is not to say I never do though. My apologies.

-Van

Apology accepted. Ruffled feathers back in place.

I too hope that a quality manufacturer buys this product line and continues to improve it and support the Fiero world. There are very few choices out there for those who can't fabricate parts for themselves. Their drop spindles are currently the only solution out there for lowering the front end without adverse effects, and their adoption of rear bearings into the front drop spindles solves another major issue with '88 bearings.
    Last edited by Bloozberry; 12-06-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Here is the rest of the story and why I am interested in this. I am going to Connecticut later this month to fix a Fiero front end. The car is not one of mine, usually I stay away from Fiero based stuff, but this is a good customer of mine on other cars and I would like to keep him happy. Do I make a fix of what is there? Do I attempt to purchase Arrult parts? My customer has already been burned by them once, add this one to the list. Do I attempt to buy the Arrult company? If so, what value would I actually get? Bloozberry has an excellent point, a fix is good but a correct fix is where the investment should be. Which one is Arrult? Either way, if I made the investment in Arrult or engineered it all myself, is there enough market to amortize that time and money? Is there any market at all? If it takes the better part of a year for Simple Man to get parts, can they possibly be that backlogged and closing shop? Whether the Arrult parts are engineered correctly or not, do their jigs put all the holes in the wrong places as Simple Man has seen?
    Last edited by 76mx; 12-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    ...if I made the investment in Arrult or engineered it all myself, is there enough market to amortize that time and money? Is there any market at all?
    I think the fact that this product line is for sale to a potential fifth owner in about a dozen years speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by 76MX View Post
    Whether the Arrult parts are engineered correctly or not, do their jigs put all the holes in the wrong places as Simple Man has seen?
    Hard to know for sure about all of their parts, but the '88 wide track pieces for both front and rear can be made properly in these jigs (provided they're the same jigs as HT had) since the parts I bought fit well. Maybe others can chime in about the other years. I think the fitment problems stem from inattention during manufacture.

From a performance enhancement perspective, I know the '88 wide track pieces hurt handling, at least on paper, and most likely on the road too. As you know, a lot of people intuitively believe a wider stance improves handling, but I think I disproved that for the Fiero when Zac Brown ran the stock and modified 3D suspension coordinates I gave him through his Lotus Suspension Analyzer software over on PFF. That, coupled with things like the heavy weight Band-Aid strut adapters used to extend the bottom of the rear strut out to meet the top of the knuckle on wider tracks, speaks to the design approach.