Thread: Ferrari Key

Ferrari Key

I found some Ferrari key shells being sold on Ebay , from China of course. Anyway, I ordered them and got them hoping they would fit between the tabs ion the ignition switch. Well, they didn't, so I decided to see if I could mod them to work with out cutting the tabs or replacing the ignition switch. I was able to use a Dremel tool shaper/router table to cut away some plastic from the key base to allow the ignition tabs to fit into the key base. I had a spare key made and then cut it and shaped it to fit into the key base.

Here is the link to the Ebay seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Remote-K...53.m2749.l2649

Here are some pics of what I did. Still need to clean it up some so it looks a little better.
    I found some Ferrari key shells being sold on Ebay , from China of course. Anyway, I ordered them and got them hoping they would fit between the tabs ion the ignition switch. Well, they didn't, so I decided to see if I could mod them to work with out cutting the tabs or replacing the ignition switch. I was able to use a Dremel tool shaper/router table to cut away some plastic from the key base to allow the ignition tabs to fit into the key base. I had a spare key made and then cut it and shaped it to fit into the key base.

Here is the link to the Ebay seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Remote-K...53.m2749.l2649

Here are some pics of what I did. Still need to clean it up some so it looks a little better.

That's awesome !! I remember somebody else was going to offer to make these for other member but never followed through, if I sent you my key would you be willing to make this for me ? Happy to pay for your efforts

i'll take one too. very impressed.
    - fidali355

Thanks. The shell is light weight and I think it needs to be filled to give it some weight. I still need to figure a way to make the notched area filled in with something solid.

cutlass442 , I had a key made from the local hardware store that had just a plain end, no black plastic, so I could hack it up to make it fit. If you have one like that you want to send me I will make you one. Do you have the same ignition with the tabs on it? Send me a PM.

Do you have the same ignition with the tabs on it? yes
    - fidali355

Yes I have the tabs
    Pm sent !

Senior Member CHRISTOPHE de France's Avatar
    Hello CDD

Thank you for the link, I ordered it.
    At 14 us $ for 2, delivered, it would be a shame not to try.

Thank you very much.

Christophe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Remote-K....c100227.m3827

YES! Great idea cdd, I too ordered up some Ferrari key shells and will make up some keys for the Mera #8151, Corson BB512 #25 and the Aldino BB512 Koenig convertible restoration. A good snowy winter project - great idea!