Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glassing Foam

Hi guys,
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I have kinda solved the problem.
    I coated 3 layers of fillers and sprayed primer and painted. the extra coating works.
    I will also try this product called ENVIRO TEX Lite
    https://www.amazon.com/Environmental...EnviroTex+Lite

never tried latex paint but its claimed to work perfectly, I personally use automotive (oil) type primers but I topcoat the foam first with plaster. Be careful on larger areas especially flat or ones with small curves. if you are putting just a very thin layer of filler heat from curing resin will melt the foam and distort your molds or parts if you just interested in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
    never tried latex paint but its claimed to work perfectly, I personally use automotive (oil) type primers but I topcoat the foam first with plaster. Be careful on larger areas especially flat or ones with small curves. if you are putting just a very thin layer of filler heat from curing resin will melt the foam and distort your molds or parts if you just interested in parts.
    How about Plastidip?

Spackle works great, it's on my mirrors to the lightcycle, 😊

Quote Originally Posted by icetray View Post
    How about Plastidip?
    I personally have never used it. People generally use pink foam because it very ridgit can be machined and can be hard coated and be rad t make to from. I'm using the white foam cause its less expensive and in general f e its much better to work with. One thing about the white foam is that it melts very easily hence why I'm saying to top coat with plaster or some thing like it to give some surface stiffness

Quote Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
    I personally have never used it. People generally use pink foam because it very ridgit can be machined and can be hard coated and be rad t make to from. I'm using the white foam cause its less expensive and in general f e its much better to work with. One thing about the white foam is that it melts very easily hence why I'm saying to top coat with plaster or some thing like it to give some surface stiffness
    I understand you.
    when I worked out the costs, the pink foam is just too expensive overall.
    It is ok for small projects.
    Does epoxy resin react with White foam?
    In few weeks, I will have almost all the samples here.
    I will report how the test goes.