Thread: Tire Acquisition

Tire Acquisition

Does anyone have a decent source for 245 x 50 x 15 or 265 x 50 x 15 tires? These are the factory stock sizes on a Mera and I have been unable to find the 245's for several years and the 265s are almost nonexistent too. I would really like to stay with the 15" wheel since the ones I have on two cars (Chromadoras) were the optional wheels for 1988 and look good with the car.

Nelson

245 50 15 is tough can't find any besides a racing tire
    265 50 15 you have the hankook ventus at tire rack
    If they will fit consider running 265 50 15 at all 4 corners ? The wheel gap on these cars is generally pretty Big and can fit larger tires

I am currently running the 265 x 50 x 15 Hankook tires on all four corners on two vehicles. I used Dunlop GTs previously but they are no longer available in this size. There is some rubbing on the front tires during tight turns at low speeds (i.e. parking lots). On the road there is no known rubbing issue.

Nelson

you can go here:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

put in your current tire size and then enter a different tire and it will do a side by side or overlay description of the tire differences. it will also break down the measurements and how it changes your speedo based on speed. its fairly accurate but remember one size doesn't mean they will all be exactly the same size. each brands size will vary slightly so make sure to check the tire specs for each brand. this way you can find a tire thats just a little smaller width wise but retains the same overall diameter.
    Last edited by bodyman; 02-14-2018 at 02:14 PM.