Thread: Grantley design Jaguar XKR F-type style rebody

Grantley design Jaguar XKR F-type style rebody

Just found this whilst browsing (snow day with the kids and had some time to kill), Its a pretty nice looking kit/rebody for the 2006+ jaguar XKR.
    They have taken the styling of the new F-Type and worked it on to the XKR, IMHO they have done a decent job, its a good looking 2+2 GT car.
    Kind of makes you wonder if Jaguar will do something similar themselves.
    The kit price is 7500 ($10,500) or they offer the kit fitted with paint for 10,000 ($14,000) you can pick up the cars for about 15,000 - 30,000 depending on spec and millage etc, so you could get one turnkey for about 25,000
    what do you guys think of it?

http://www.grantleydesign.com/xkr-2006-on.html

Shanos

Looks great ! But that's a high priced kit for essentially just a new nose , side skirts and rear diffuser
    Plus the donor cars are still expensive

I wish they could have put this design on the 1997-2006 models which are dirt cheap . Their kit for those models does not look nearly as good

Whilst its not that cheap for the parts when you look at it that way, it is at least a good looking car that people could actually get on the road and start using, if you were to buy the kit (and had skills) and fit it yourself you could build and drive it, without it turning in to another unfinished car.

Agreed if they had managed to do it on the older car it would have been even more amazing!!!

Sort of like a decent beginner car to get you in to other kits, I do wonder how long it will be before someone copies the general idea and starts to knock them out perhaps doing a more race inspired kit etc.
    the specs are not to shabby with the xkr having a sub 5 second 0-6mph and the xk8 sitting between 5.2 and 6 seconds 0-60

Wouldn't be "easier" & cheaper to find a used complete f-type bumper?
    Take those two bumpers & make them one with fiberglass work.
    Plus fitting the more modern XKR headlights.
    Superfast photoshop....

nice little photochop ikaros, wonder what the pre facelift jag could look like with f-type styling?

Just sold my old 2007 xk coupe. Was black too.
    Wouldn't recommend anyone pulling one to pieces.
    Lots of stone age Ford parts trying to create something that it wasn't quite ready for.

Think the swiveling headlights that follow your steering or even a very common seat airbag fault, that had to use a Jaguar scanner (or buy an add on for $600) to determine which airbag sensor wire or bag had gone.

Resolving that fault cost me $1500 in labor - then they bent a front alloy - with no way for me to prove it, and charged my $300 to straighten and balance it.

If you do buy one, make it the second year of production. The first year had a ton of minor issues (like engine vibration at low revs, that was shored up by extra brackets in later models) and has LED lights and more. Don't ever let the battery get even slightly low, as every light on the dash seems to make an appearance and eventually you have to reset the entire system and then 'teach it' how to run through the revs again.

Like I say, I would only own one again if it was under an extensive warranty. It was great to drive though!