Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: suspension

Quote Originally Posted by jb1 View Post
    Bob
    Plan is longitude setup in both cars.. which will make suspension swap a bit easier than attempting with transverse setup.. I have 3 other fieros besides these 2 kits.. I'll drive them if want fiero handling ..Lol..
    Im not sure the c5/c6 setup is best choice but from looking them over seems to be the simplest upgrade..
    Very cool. Please keep us updated on the progress. I'd like to see how you do it. If nothing else, the C5/C6 setup should be readily available. I've looked at the C4 hardware in my local salvage yard (they had 3), but right now it's a pipe dream.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

From what I am seeing locally , the whole assembly runs around $500... I will at least attempt it... I was reading an article about using the Lexus axles as the inner fits the Porsche trans and the outer joint fits the c6 bearing assembly..
    Trying to keep everything in budget.. I know times your better off spending the money... And if it is crucial there is no problem spending for it to be right.. but I will research and exhaust other avenues..lol

JB1, I researched and wrote that article about the axles and you are right, they fit the C6 hub. That is the good news, the axles are under $100 each instead of custom $1,000-$2,000 axles from Summers or TDS. The bad news, I am not sure what you mean by the whole assembly, but four C6 hubs alone are going to be $500.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    That is the good news, the axles are under $100 each instead of custom $1,000-$2,000 axles from Summers or TDS.
    I've had great success with buying junkyard axles from any car where the axle rods are the correct OD and longer than needed. I then discard the CV and tripot joints from either end, and have a machine shop shorten and re-spline the ends to fit my own joints. With a bit of research, you can usually find an axle rod that has the correct splines on at least one end. That reduces the cost since once shortened, only one end needs to be re-splined. Typical cost is $50 per used junkyard axle, plus about $75 machining for two ends.

76mx no the whole rear cradle assembly with control arms axles shocks and all , on eBay and locally runs around $500

That's a good article you wrote with lots of good information. I have since lost the link to it... Hopefully you are able to post that link up again for myself and others

*Edited .. I tried posting link to c6 rear suspension on eBay doesn't complete link..... $509 free shipping.. multiple listings and even on car-part.com around the same price in my area..
    Last edited by jb1; 05-25-2019 at 04:21 AM.

JB1, thank you. There is an article I wrote for Carbuilder magazine that is still available online in their archives but it deals only with the C5 stuff. The more up to date information on the C6 stuff is in my Youtube video #28 at StricklandRacingInc.

Thank you 76mx , subscribed.. I been a member here for near 20 years, always been extremely intelligent helpful people here... Even though this sight has gotten a lot slower than it was in its hayday still a lot of great people here..