Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: suspension

From what I am seeing locally , the whole assembly runs around $500... I will at least attempt it... I was reading an article about using the Lexus axles as the inner fits the Porsche trans and the outer joint fits the c6 bearing assembly..
    Trying to keep everything in budget.. I know times your better off spending the money... And if it is crucial there is no problem spending for it to be right.. but I will research and exhaust other avenues..lol

JB1, I researched and wrote that article about the axles and you are right, they fit the C6 hub. That is the good news, the axles are under $100 each instead of custom $1,000-$2,000 axles from Summers or TDS. The bad news, I am not sure what you mean by the whole assembly, but four C6 hubs alone are going to be $500.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    That is the good news, the axles are under $100 each instead of custom $1,000-$2,000 axles from Summers or TDS.
    I've had great success with buying junkyard axles from any car where the axle rods are the correct OD and longer than needed. I then discard the CV and tripot joints from either end, and have a machine shop shorten and re-spline the ends to fit my own joints. With a bit of research, you can usually find an axle rod that has the correct splines on at least one end. That reduces the cost since once shortened, only one end needs to be re-splined. Typical cost is $50 per used junkyard axle, plus about $75 machining for two ends.

76mx no the whole rear cradle assembly with control arms axles shocks and all , on eBay and locally runs around $500

That's a good article you wrote with lots of good information. I have since lost the link to it... Hopefully you are able to post that link up again for myself and others

*Edited .. I tried posting link to c6 rear suspension on eBay doesn't complete link..... $509 free shipping.. multiple listings and even on car-part.com around the same price in my area..
    Last edited by jb1; 05-25-2019 at 04:21 AM.

JB1, thank you. There is an article I wrote for Carbuilder magazine that is still available online in their archives but it deals only with the C5 stuff. The more up to date information on the C6 stuff is in my Youtube video #28 at StricklandRacingInc.

Thank you 76mx , subscribed.. I been a member here for near 20 years, always been extremely intelligent helpful people here... Even though this sight has gotten a lot slower than it was in its hayday still a lot of great people here..

Hello jb1 , Charlie76MX, Joel and Blooze with others here are a great help with the knowledge they openly share. I read your question and thought I could add to the discussion. I have a 512 kit on a stretched fiero here, along with another longitudinal build going that uses all C5 rear suspension, brakes and stock C5 axles. My solution to mate the C5 stuff to the Boxster 5-speed was to use Porsche 930 inner CV's (the axle spline matches the C5) and a pair of 100mm to 108mm pattern adapters at the output flanges. My 97-01 Boxster trans from a 2.7 car has the small 100mm pattern flanges. I considered putting the C5 set up in the rear of the 512TR, so I measured the width of this set-up and would need 4'' longer bare axle shafts on both sides to fit the TR body's wider rear stance, the CV's would not be affected. BTW the porsche 930 CV is a plunger type which helps everything play 'nice'. jbi , why not use C5 stuff ? -Vinny
    Last edited by TRcrazy; 06-21-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Remember, there is always next year.

Plus a friend has a c6 z06 be easier for measurements to locate upper control arms..

Sorry some reason my reply did not post,
    I am running the c6 due to the article Charlie wrote and using the Lexus axles.. the CV splines from the Lexus axles fit the c6 hubs but not the c5, the suspension components are near identical between the 2.. once assembly arrives I am going to look into using the whole c6 cradle assembly as it is around 62.5" track width and my car is a bit over 65". I'm sure with proper offset wheels I will be able to make up the roughly 1.5" difference on each side..

Quote Originally Posted by thya View Post
    Qbigpro branding solution is the best web design company in velachery<a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.qbigpro.com/web-design-and-development.php">web design company in velachery</a>
    You are a douchebag troll on..