Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Ferrari 355 Coupe Replica - $8500

Yellow Ferrari 355 Coupe Replica - $8500

I saw this car on a local message board (San Francisco Bay Area)

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/27041872.html

The driving lights haven't been cut out, the grill appears to be some sort of mesh and it needs to be lowered but the price is pretty good..

Re:Yellow Ferrari 355 Coupe Replica - $8500

that pic may not be of the actual car being sold...i mean it has wheels and tires on it in the pic...y wouldnt he sell them and he also mentions that the rims are still in the boxes

besides - i think that price is simply a leapoff point and he is hoping for the inevitable bidding war...

just my 2 cents

is the drivers side mirror falling off or is it mounted wrong lol

Not a bad looking car... But you'd think that if someone put so much money into a car, they'd know that a Spyder replica would be a convertible..
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Hey guys:

I'm new to the forum and to be honest to kit cars in general.

I saw this guys ad too, and he lives close by. I'll be honest--I don't know anything about the ferrari 355 or the 355 kit for the fiero. Don't know anything about fiero's either. Never even driven one.

Here's his original ad with some basic info and a link for more pictures:
    http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/28230611.html

Here's what he also told me:
    -Its a Rad Design Body Kit w/3inch frame stretch... Reinforced 2 times.
    -The chassis is on a 1986 pontiac fiero, 116,000 miles on it.
    -automatic transmission 4 cylinder
    -6cylinder exhaust already installed just needs 6 cylinder motor to be installed
    -installed professionally in Los Angeles reinforced frame two times.

I asked him about the rims:

the rims in the picture are cheap and they have spacers on them........ i dont know if you know about spacers but they are not exactly safe to ride on. I have rims that were made specifically for this car and they are beautiful and still in the box brand new. I want the rims you seen in the picture back unless you just want to buy the car. if you want to buy the car alone and not the rims ill give you those rims that are on it for free!!.

I figure since all of you know much more than me and are more critical, you can give me some tips on whether or not this is even worth taking a look at or a test drive. If I'm seriously considering purchasing it, of course I'd have a mechanic look at it beforehand to make sure it won't break down the next day.

I figure $10000 (including the rims) isn't too bad? (I'm not sure how much new tires would be for those rims).

Thanks!

Hi Kayexelate,
    Welcome to the forum!

My first suggestion for you would be to take a licenced mechanic with you to look at the car. Out here in Rhode Island, there are people that will go and inspect a vehicle, for a fee, and give you a non-biased opinion on the car (check your yellow pages). Secondly, changing the rims will not change the need for the wheel spacers he mentioned unless he has extended the suspension??? I would look a little closer into this... I could be completly wrong about this but my gut says beware....

Again, check it out carefully and if something doesnt feel right then walk away, there are more replica's out there for sale.. Do not impulse buy!!!! just my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by mike d.
    is the drivers side mirror falling off or is it mounted wrong lol
    It looks like the mirror is mounted to the "A" post near the windshield. I wonder how he opens his door with the side glass up?

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

thats what i thought dave, i done that on the first 512 i built,had to either roll the window down or exercize caution and not let the door open to far.the guy i sold the car to mounted it properly.

kayexelate:

I'd be sure to have it checked out before buying it. Maybe even have it checked by a body shop. They might be able to see how well the body is mounted?

Wish I could be more help, I live in Sacramento and would be willing to take a look at it for you. However, I've never built a kit or have one yet. If you do get it I wouldn't mind seeing it sometime.

I've always heard "look at in person before buying it" when it comes to kit cars. Lucky for you it's local and that makes it easy for ya. Good Luck

i like it
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016