Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1070

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

OK Folks;

Had a look at heater hose plumbing briefly last night and I have a question for you 3.4 DOHC guys.

The engine is a 1996 crate engine so some of teh pipes etc. didn't come with the engine when I got it so now looking at how to plumb everything.

I have two places on the back of the lower intake manifold looking like where a heater pipe would be plumbed from. (Missed the one previously)

One is an offshoot pipe from a pipe that runs from the lower section of the thermostat housing to the back of the water pump and the other one is just to the right (the one I saw originally) that is a hole going into the lower intake manifold. They both are in the lower intake manifold. I think this setup is a slightly different setup from the 91-95 3.4 DOHC engines as all the threads I have seen putting the 3.4 in a Fiero, the builder takes a feed off the front of the water pump which had a plug in my engine, at a feed from the one pipe that comes from the back of the engine. I assumed the back of the engine attached to the hole in the lower intake manifold.

I took some pictures so hopefully gets a better understanding of what I am asking. If I have the pipe coming from under the thermostat housing already, what do I do with the hole beside it?

Heater pipes back of engine 1
    The pipe circled on the left shows the offshoot pipe from pipe coming out of the lower thermostat housing and the right circle shows the hole in my lower intake.

Heater pipes back of engine 2
    Another angle to show the two pipes I have questions on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

And look at that PAGE 100
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Sweet! 100th page in this thread!

May 17 2006 is when I started this thread of my initial 288 GTO dream. I think back on the frame I bought which would have been killer with a 308 kit stretched and redone to the 288 GTO shape and look. The longitudinal engine setup and all the gyrations of moving the various pieces on to others as I evolved my thoughts and dreams and realization that my life commitments do not lend well to building cars in any quick fashion....

I have learned so much from all the folks here and other forum. Made great friends that I have been fortunate enough to meet in person and others that remain online or on the phone.

I have my latest goal of taking my 308 to a local car show on Father's Day this year either on a trailer almost all built out or driving. I hope driving. If everything works out, we will have a very exotic build of a Murci that is going to be about as close to OEM as a replica can get, Wayne's 288 GTO, my brother's Lotus Super 7 rendition and my 308 (hopefully running and driving). Maybe, if we can swing it, Don's Batmobile if he still has it....

So, latest goal established and see where I end up.

Any info that can help with the 3.4 plumbing question above would be gratefully received.

TTFN
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I'm rooting for ya' Don!

As for your heater hose dilemma, try this: http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co...roduct=2997134

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    my initial 288 GTO dream. I think back on the frame I bought which would have been killer with a 308 kit stretched and redone to the 288 GTO shape and look. The longitudinal engine setup
    That's still my dream & I can't let it die.
    Congratulations Don on your perseverance especially with so much other stuff to deal with.......if you can do it maybe I can too 8-)!

Bloozberry you rock buddy. Thanks very much for that pic. Most of my confusion is now solved. Unfortunately I still a small problem though....

After blowing that picture up I saw that I am missing the pipe fitting connected to the bottom of the intake. I went out and put that on and there it was, a small gap between the hole I have been trying to figure out and the back of the intake hose pipe..... Now, all I have to do is find the little pipe and o-rings that I obviously have had for over 10 years on the engine as I didn't take the intake off until I was here and painting the intake. I obviously took that piece out when I painted the intake. It has to be in a bucket of bolts and parts somewhere in the shop. A chore for the weekend I guess.

It also looks now that all I need to do is figure out outlet and inlet and the cooling hoses both come off side by side on a 96-97 engine and not like the 91-95..... I also now have several AN6 to pipe connectors I don't need since I won't be running the heater lines from the plug in the water pump.

I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks again Blooz. I bookmarked that page and site....

Cheers
    Don

Update.

Found the small pipe fitting so I am golden on the heater hoses. Finally something not fighting me every step of the way....
    Last edited by Don; 03-13-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozberry View Post
    I'm rooting for ya' Don!
    Count me in that group too!

Still watching and waiting. It also serves as additional inspiration for believing that even after several years have come and gone on my own "project"...there is hope it may actually move forward someday!

Maybe I have to move north of the border?

Looking great at every step!

Hey Don,
    You've done some pretty amazing work over the last ten years. Thanx for sharing your journey. But, the end of the tunnel is in sight, so if you can power through it, I'm sure you'll get to enjoy it. It really is amazing.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Thanks Guys;

On that note, i made some progress on the weekend. Took round three at the exhaust to get it set up so i can take it over to a ceramic coating guy I found pretty close to me.

I found some rubber mounts from a late model Camaro that will work great. I made up some platforms on the muffler and the cradle so that it sits in place more securely and has movement but not as much as the hangers would give. I just need to add in my flex pipe once my 2.5" v-band clamps show up. I bought some before Christmas from Hong Kong but finally gave up and cancelled my order after 2 months of not showing up and ordered some from the US. They should be here this week.

Cheers
    Don

Overall view with the muffler mounted

Closeups of each mount setup each side

Where I plan to put the flex pipe in
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV