Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,041 to 1,046 of 1046

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

With the one going to pcm just allows pcm to control the alt . Not sure what alt you are using but on the 3800 alt the one runs to pcm the one from pcm to be, if you do not want pcm controlling alt cut out , you just run the wire from alt to b3.
    I believe you have a cs130 alt. 4 pin plug should be marked PLFS. "L" wire goes to B3 at c500. "S" is voltage sense needs to go to a 12v ignition source.. 3rd wire if at pin F is field wire. Should not need any other than the other 2 wires previously mentioned
    Last edited by Jbrown; 12-07-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Hey page 105... Again, taking way too long to finish this project....

Thanks for the clarification jbrown. I appreciate the pin out letters as that helps confirm or adjust my assumptions.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Had a bit of time to start cleaning up the engine bay in prep for putting the drive line in and checking wiring locations and setup. I have been cleaning up the metal in the engine bay and noticed that there were a few holes in the bottom corners of the trunk. Looks like the trunk was bashed up a bit and pushed back together and seam sealed. So out came the welder and tried to weld up the seam again but the metal is too thin to get a good bead. Had to cut out the passenger side lower trunk wall and make a piece to replace that area. Have it made and initial first test but I don't like the fit so taking it out and doing some more touch ups to get a better fit before i weld it all back in lace. Been using a mig to tack things ion place but with the clearance, I may need to switch over to my TIG to get into the area near that back of the wall cutout.

Got a little bit exciting when I realized the trunk carpet had fallen down to that side and started on fire.... Had some quick hand slapping of flames with the welding glove on and had to open the garage door to get rid of the smoke.... I then fixed it correctly as I should have to begin with and pulled the liner right out and right out of the way.... Can't fix stupid folks. Next time you think: "I will just pull it out of the way".... don't.... Actually get it right out of the way... Good thing I was replacing the liner anyway.

You tend to move pretty quickly when you realize stuff is on fire. No other damage though so no long term problem. Cleaning up some of the clearance cuts for the engine as well so will be adding some new metal in to make it a bit cleaner and finish off the harsh cuts I dis to get the driveline in to begin with. has to look pretty as well as run well....

All for now.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Wow, good to hear that nothing major was damaged, Don....I'm thinking you should name your car Sarah Connor because when it comes to hunting down and eliminating potential problems; past, present, or future with your car - you are the Terminator....Keep up the extraordinary work and best regards with getting 'er done....Cheers!
    THE BEST QUOTE EVER ON THE REAL VS. REPLICA DEBATE, IMO - "...telling guys on here that fake means worthless, is like arguing with guys about fake boobs. If you can see them, touch them, enjoy them and be proud of them; for most....they're real enough." - RUSHAVED

WOW! Glad there was no major damage....maybe it was just letting go of the last remnants of having been a Fiero?

Also glad you are able to free up enough time to be back on it, and thank you for also taking the time to update this thread.

Still out here in LA LA land waiting to see this beauty finally hit the pavement, but NOT before YOU decide it's ready!

Hope you and yours have a grand, happy, SAFE Christmas and the New Year is the best yet....for all of us! (Hey....I can still dream....can't I?)

Stay on it Don.....you da man!

A bit more of work done over Xmas. Made a new engine bay wall piece to remove some minor rust where the battery was and close everything off for a 4" intake tube from the side scoops. Still need to get the driver's side done.

Also replaced left side of trunk bottom as the metal was pretty beat up and very thin.

A couple pics of the trunk and passenger side wall.

Happy New Year everyone
    Don

Last edited by Don; 01-01-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV