Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,139 of 1139

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

That's fantastic!

If only the mechanics of "old" had one of these printers (and the knowledge and skill to use it...) back in the day when a part was needed for a repair, but wasn't available. I've heard more than a few make the statement: "I'll just go over in the corner and sh*t one out for ya!" LOL Don't want to dirty your thread up Don, so say the word and I'll delete this...but it was funny to me!

Still looking forward to your first drive in that rolling work of art!
    Last edited by TDW; 10-07-2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Been working on a tube bead roller the past few days. I want to be able to get bead rolls on my cooling and heating tubes but when looking at the options out there, they just were not suiting my tastes or budget.

So, I took a look at a pipe cuter and created a tube bead roller from the same concept. The big difference is that the roller need to roll 90* from what pipe cutter does. So in the end,. as of tonight, I have a prototype built but I need to go out tomorrow and get either a 12-24 thread bolt or a 6mm - 1.0 tap..... I could not find either today at my local shops and the industrial shops were, of course closed.

I hope it works but time will tell...... If it works, I can do the beads on the ends of each of my pipes and then put the cooling and heater pipes in and move to the fuel filler and last vacuum hoses. Getting closer to starting this up for the first time.

More to come
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Also working with Wayne, dobie1 on here to make a Fiero HVAC controller using an arduino and a Nextion LCD display/touch panel. I have the code test just about finished so hope to get a test started up in the next few days as well.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Got a bunch more plumbed at the back end of the engine. Need a couple more reducer vacuum fittings and a long hose for the vacuum line to the brake booster. I might do some more metal tube bending to run along the driver's side frame and then along the firewall so I am not using all rubber hose for the full distance. I will probably do the rubber hose to get it running first though before I pull it back out to do the engine bay and paint everything to put back in for the last time.

Also my tube bead roller did not work. Back to the drawing board on that one.......

Will need to see if everything will fit in the same space once I get the teflon air intake pieces as well. Not much clearance right now. Also need to add in the air intake temp sensor bung. Actually forgot it tonight before closing up shop tonight.

Couple pics
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Stellar, Don.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Spent the day putting an air temp sensor into the air intake. Took way longer than anticipated but done. Took a while to get the sensor into the right spot in the inside of the intake so it got god temp sensing but was not impacting the air flow.

Cheers
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Nice job Don. As always, top notch work.

I must say though.... getting a "god temp sensing" that must be difficult. The rest of us mortals usually settle for "good". lol

Just had to pick on ya bud. Seriously though, still love seeing your updates. They never get old.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Hahaha.... Saw that after you noticed. A very common mistake with my typing skills......
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I pic because I care. But honestly.... typos plague me all the time. So I get it.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr