Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,173 of 1173

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Thanks Dave;

I think it will be a matter of figuring out how different the wiring harnesses are between the two years and see if it is within my capabilities to correct. Means pulling the cradle though so I can get full access to the plugs and wiring loom and trace wires properly. Will finish cleaning and painting the engine bay at that time as well.

More to come this week hopefully
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Ok so tracing wires and I have a plan..... I got a new harness plug to match up the wires for the injectors on the engine harness. The '96 has sequential firing so 6 control wires, 1 each going to each injector on the engine side but because the '91-'93 ecm has batch firing, I only have two injector control wires coming from the ecm. The two wires both fire simultaneously so my pan is: Take the injector wires from the current engine harness and move them to the new plug. On the engine bay harness side I will take my two control wires and wire them into three injector wires each. I will control each side by one control wire and then I will move the fused 10 amp circuit that goes to the other wires in the injectors one each to each side as well. I will then have 3 injectors wired to one control wire and one fused power wire from the Fiero fuse block, INJ 1 and INJ 2 10 amp fuses. Looks like, from what I can tell so far, the rest of the wires match up but a few more to trace out.

Looking good. More to come
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quick update. Got the injectors wired up to the ECM. Wired 1,3,5 to D3 and 2,4,6 to D9 and used the INJ2 fused wire from the fuse block to power the injectors, I was able to put all injector wires into a new, separate connector so they are separate. I have been tracing the remaining wires off the 96 engine harness today and have it all detailed in a spreadsheet but now with all 4 wiring diagrams (91/93, 94/95, 96 and Fiero where needed) I am getting confused on the harness side so going to go trace the ecm side wires on the car to see how it was working out. I can map the 91-93 to the 94-95 and confirm colours and pin outs from the ecm and then translate that to the 96 engine harness. My plan anyway. We will have to see how successful that plan will be tomorrow.

Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy wiring?.........
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV