Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1223

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

A couple pics of the centre console.

Hey Don, is the HVAC control panel an authentic F355 piece? It sure looks like the real part.

^^^What Ted said.. Everything looks great. Can't wait to see it under it's own power.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Thanks guys;

Getting there for sure. The centre console looks good and I was just messing around last night with how to do the front piece. I want to put a couple USB chargers up i that piece as well as a coin tray and under the coin tray set up the ALDL connector for accessibility but hidden away otherwise.

Dave;

The HVAC unit is the very first one that Ricerburner created back in the day. I helped him by figuring out how to mount everything and create some mounting plates etc. that he could recreate for his other sales.

Lately, I have been working with Wayne on an HVAC system that uses a touch screen LCD screen to be the control input unit with an Arduino Uno and a custom PCB I designed to take the output signals from the Arduino and connect to the stock Fiero HVAC connectors. There are two coming out of the HVAC so the main control and then the fan switch. I am 3d printing the fan switch power connector off the PCB into a set of relays, essentially the same as the original Fiero did and the other end is the connector into the stock Fiero connector.

You need one new stepper motor to move the heat as the original Fiero is a lever but otherwise it controls all the oem HVAC doors etc. Coming along nicely and when I get time I am finalizing the coding for the Arduino to take the input from the LCD screen and push out the correct signal to the PCB. Everything is pretty much designed an ready to go except of the last of the coding I still need to do and then I can test it all out on a test electrical stand I have made before I order the PCB production. Should be able to show everything in a few weeks if I get enough time between work related requirements and other life.

More to come
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Lately, I have been working with Wayne on an HVAC system that uses a touch screen LCD screen...
    If you're moving to a touch screen and decide to sell the replica HVAC control panel, I'd consider buying it from you. I would imagine you've already created an interface between the F355 control panel and the Fiero HVAC unit. I'd be interested in what you'd want for that too.

It..... runs.......

mic drop
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

OK, so the chip finally came in today and after work I was out in the garage putting it all in and finishing up the last of the cleanup getting ready to startup. Hooked the battery up and turned it over and popped and banged but no start. Turned it over some more and battery started to run down. Went to put the charger on it and the terminals were way hot again. Went underneath and saw that the starter is sticking occasionally again so looks like a bit more work on that item....

But then I let the battery cool down and turned over again and it started right up.

Running very rich right now and I didn't add any water to the coolant so only ran for about 30 seconds but it idles. I still have quite some work to do to get it running better but it is a VERY big start.

I am now working on getting Tunerpro set up on my garage laptop so I can look at codes etc. once I get water in it.....
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

As I think about it, one question for everyone. This is a crate engine and I only put in castrol oil in it to get everything lubed up to begin with. Should I be draining the reg oil and putting in break in oil into it?? I think I probably should before I run it for any length while I run the tuner diagnostics?

Thoughts?
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Been plugging away on the car for the past few weeks when time permits. I am in the middle of the COVID-19 preparations at my day job so there has not been a lot of time to do much else...

What I have been doing though is to get the exhaust pipes run out to the back so I can start the engine again (with cooling this time) so I can see how it is running and get some data out of the ECM to check on mapping. It was running very rich in the few seconds I started the first time so want some direction out the garage before starting again..... Getting some plastic tubing and run it under the slightly open garage door so I don't send my wife out the front door again from gassing us out.... Wasn't well received the last time... :) As with everything I touch on this car, I was not happy with how the exhaust ran from the muffler, out the outside of the trunk and back in to the exhaust holes under the rear bumper. The pipes used (I think they are Rodney Dickman models) need the trunk to be dented in at the back bottom corners and I am not fussed on that. The one side was already done so I left it but the passenger side, I had replaced the rotted out trunk side wall so now I have interference with the pipe. I think I will cut the routing down a bit and make it run a bit cleaner and a bit closer to the trunk side wall as well so it doesn't sit so far out the side of the car under the truck area. i already moved the passenger side in about 1.5" and it looks much better. More to come with pics once I get it all tacked back together in the shape I am happy with.

Also printed out a fan connector plug I designed since I am sitting in front of the computer so much these days. Took about an hour to design in Fusion360 last evening and then started up the 3d printer and that took about 45 minutes. Turned out well as a prototype and I have a couple things to adjust and then print a final copy to be ready to use in the HVAC unit for Wayne. Of course since I am sort of locked down up here, I can't go out and get connector blades to add those in to show it will work. There will be five blades coning out of the smaller raised section which will connect directly into the wiring connector under the dash. Also need to clean out the recessed pieces where the blades will go into. Didn't bother with the prototype as I was looking for connector fit overall.

Couple quick pics to show the shape. Will take a pic once it is in final and fitted to the wiring harness in the car.

Cheers
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

hi best cars