Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero/Ferrari 355 dashboard ?'s

jcnolfi

Fiero/Ferrari 355 dashboard ?'s

Alright, so I have been looking at a ton of kit car pictures and I am just about to start on the interior of my car which is still all stock. I have seen pictures of people using 300zx dashs, pontiac grand am dashs, and replica made ones, also homemade ones. All of which looked great and 10 times better than the fiero. But which one would be less costly.

I only ask because after finishing the exterior of my car, which cost alot more than I thought. lol (who hasn't said that) but now I'd like to budget myself for the interior. Any help or ideas would be awesome. I'm thinking of using the factory seats and have them leathered up and the factory carpet taken out and put fresh black carpet in it. But that's as far as I got.

Thanks guys

Re: Fiero/Ferrari 355 dashboard ?'s

Contact Amida on this board or at fierointeriors@juno.com. He makes the nicest F355 interior that I have ever seen.

I have to agree with hnthomps on that one.. Amida does make the best interior around. The cheapest would probably be using a grand prix dash. For the seats, I would use Mr Mikes seat skins. They go on real easy, fit the fiero seat frames and look great (www.mrmikes.com)

If you're looking for the less costly dash solution for your replica then Amida custom dash is NOT the cheapest....He's probably the most expensive but everything he makes is a work-of-art and hand crafted down to the smallest detail. Amida has a thread started on his personal Fiero interior build, so do I search and you will find plenty of info and photos of his work.

If you are looking for the lowest-cost solution then most likely you'll end up doing most of the work yourself to save money...You can purchase an unfinished fiberglass F355 replica dash and center console and have them recovered with leather. Then install the gauges and wiring yourself...That's probably the cheapest way to go but it won't looks as good as Amida's creation.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I found it very easy to lay out poster board to get the shapes I needed then I used the rear glass from a Fiero as a molding table for the flat parts. Once I hade the flat parts, I took the poster board templates and transferred the pattern to the glass, cut them out with a skill saw then glassed them together on the back side. Once the leather and padding were appplied to the parts they looked great. That was in 1998. If I had it to do over again, I would use Armida.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...no-spider.html

Quote Originally Posted by jcnolfi View Post
    Alright, so I have been looking at a ton of kit car pictures and I am just about to start on the interior of my car which is still all stock. I have seen pictures of people using 300zx dashs, pontiac grand am dashs, and replica made ones, also homemade ones. All of which looked great and 10 times better than the fiero. But which one would be less costly.

I only ask because after finishing the exterior of my car, which cost alot more than I thought. lol (who hasn't said that) but now I'd like to budget myself for the interior. Any help or ideas would be awesome. I'm thinking of using the factory seats and have them leathered up and the factory carpet taken out and put fresh black carpet in it. But that's as far as I got.

Thanks guys
    Did you build a 355 and if so do you have any pics or info you could share? Some nice pics of Amida's 355 interior can be found on the last few pages of the above link. I have been I touch with him just recently for the same interior so if you have any questions just drop me a pm.

I was hoping to be started on my 355 build already but still lining up some suspension stuff and a few more odds and ends. Moving in a few months so I may just wait until I'm in the new place to start the teardown and body swap....
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...no-spider.html

Did you build a 355 and if so do you have any pics or info you could share? Some nice pics of Amida's 355 interior can be found on the last few pages of the above link. I have been I touch with him just recently for the same interior so if you have any questions just drop me a pm.

I was hoping to be started on my 355 build already but still lining up some suspension stuff and a few more odds and ends. Moving in a few months so I may just wait until I'm in the new place to start the teardown and body swap....
    '
    Taktarew pulled up a 9 year old thread. I don't think jcnolfi is around any more...

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I am very interested in his interior package. But I can not seem to find any contact info on him. Most of the photos are old posts and I was assuming he was done doing these interior packages. Until I seen your post here. Please pm me with any info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herring Motorsports View Post
    I am very interested in his interior package. But I can not seem to find any contact info on him. Most of the photos are old posts and I was assuming he was done doing these interior packages. Until I seen your post here. Please pm me with any info. Thanks.
    If you're referring to Amida's interior, Rob is still around here and at Pennock's Fiero Forum (saw him post a couple days ago). He is still making the most beautiful Fiero interiors available. If you are referring to someone else, remember this post is over 9 years old. Most members are gone now.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif