Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for suggestions: foam pad black.

Re: Looking for suggestions: foam pad black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    I just threw away a 36"X120" roll of the stuff 2 weeks ago, because I was tired of moving it around and trying to find some place to store it!
    Soon as I throw something away, I find I could have used it for something.
    Aint that the truth.. I threw away a whole bunch of 1/4" thick plexiglass pieces about 20x48 inches two weeks ago(about 50 pieces) and then last week my friend started making game tables and asked if I still have the plexi around.. I dug up a few pieces at work but the stuff I threw away would have been perfect for what he needs.. I got sick of moving it around in my garage for the last two years and just when I throw it away I find a perfect use for it. >
    Wow, glad I bought the F40 kit before you got tired of moving it around your garage Mark.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Out in my garage today, I noticed that there is black foam in my craftsman drawer, which I cut out to put my tools in. This is not an absorbant foam, but a plastic foam. might work for what you need. Comes in pretty good size sheets for little $$$$ Eric

Eric,

How thick is it? Does it give to a pinch very easily?

michael

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrnch
    Good moring folks,

Am in need of finding some foam padding for my build. Imagine some material like a mouse pad but about 1/2" thick preferably in black. Been looking everywhere and haven't found something just right. Lowes does sell a set of four large foam pads which fits together like a jigsaw puzzle, each piece is about 18" square and its $18.00 a set. Problem is it is grey and I would have to paint it with ruberized black paint and am afraid paint would come off before to long. I could use rubber material also I guess. Been racking my brain and finally have decided to the wise Yodas of the forum. I need just one piece about 12" x 10". Thanks for looking guys.

michael
    Thanks guys especially to MacGyver, picked up a set of black from Harbor freight today. Alot more than I needed but its only $8.00 for four large pieces. It is 7/16" thick but should work fine. Plan to use the ramaining pieces to cover the desk top when working on parts. Great buy for any else interested. They would make great pads to lay down before taking apart firearms etc, will keep the small pins etc from rolling off to never land.

The Yodas of the Forum come through again.

michael

I was at Harbor Freight today and remember walking by that same jigsaw puzzle stuff you were talking about and it did come in black, although I didn't notice what the price was.

Just use a piece of an inflatable inner tube of a truck or tractor tire. Works great and lasts forever. Cuts easy, can be sanded, machined, absorbs vibrations, can be glued with just about anything and well done, looks like anything but a piece of an inflatable inner tube of a truck or tractor tire.