Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: somebody help the tall guy

somebody help the tall guy

i sat in my first kit car a while back and have been kind of obsessing about them ever since. It was a Countach 5000S and i didnt fit very well because I am 6'6" tall. I would be very greatfull if anyone out there can provide any info. towards any additional leg room mods in existance. HELP!!!

Kit car

Possibly,Raiseing the suspension a little higher so that the floor pan can be cut out and reinstalled deeper so the seats ride lower. also use low profile seats.The cars body might have to be streched behind the seat.I suppose it could be done if you went to the right body shop.Try looking for kits that a based on a camaro or Corvett you will fit in that much better.But I assume you prefer the Lambo :
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Re: somebody help the tall guy

Have you tried hacksawing your legs about mid-shin?

LOL...just kidding!!!!!! Might be possible to do a floor pan mod to accomodate longer legs....but I have usually seen that type of thing on custom frame cars.

Main problem is roof line An Accurate Countach should have a roof height of 43 inches..top to ground. That presents a slight problem (a few inches) of clearance for your torso...unless you want to get blasted by a whole lot of wind. (all of us Italians are short....Sorry man!!!)
    ....have you thought of a Spyder...with a slightly adjusted windshield rake? 1 or 2 degrees would probably do it. I remember seeing a company a while back that offered a 25th anniversary countach with a spyder option...can't remember who though. Anybody remember????

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Hey....one more thing.....

If you arent specifically looking for A Fiero kit...there are some company's around around that use custom built frames to drop their bodies on. CRP..is a Diablo builder...and almost all the cobras are that way. Have seen Countach's advertised...have you checked around with them? Maybe that could fabricate a chassis, with the mod built in?

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Just a little random information for you all - Tom Selleck is pretty tall, and as a result the 308 used in Magnum PI had to have the seat lowered.

"Both cars had their driver's seat modified to accomodate Selleck's six foot, four inch height. The seat rails were adjusted in addition to taking material out of the bottom seat cushion. Tom recently mentioned that his inability to fit in the car was part of the show's humor. "

Both cars had their driver's seat modified to accomodate Selleck's six foot, four inch height. The seat rails were adjusted in addition to taking material out of the bottom seat cushion. Tom recently mentioned that his inability to fit in the car was part of the show's humor.

That's also why he always drove the car with the top off, as far as I remember.

Solid mount your seats without rails. You are the only one driving it right? Also, adjust the seat so it leans back a little more than normal. It may give you a little more clearance. It may take some getting used to but If you want the car bad enough, I am sure you will mod it so you can drive it.

I modified the seat tracks on my seats so sit flat on the floor pan...they are still adjustable and made it so my head would not hit the roof...the roof height varies between kits...my ifg is 42" just like the original.
    Lambobro

hey thanks everyone out there who replied. I do not yet have a kit or chassy but now that i know there might be a way for me to fit in my dream car i will try to pursue this. THANKS AGAIN

???I'm thinkin for my first kit i might try a viper. Do you guys think that would be a better kit to start with. Possibly a firebird, camaro chassy. ???