Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question for builders

question for builders

ive been off the forum the past few days because ive been helping my buddy fix up his 93 rx7. he is wanting a Wide body kit made by veilside which is a complete rebody. search rx7 fortune to see it. well my question is can one of you accurately replicate it, with proper fitment. reason im asking is because its called the fortune kit because it cost a fortune. $11,000. Thats alot for a small widebody kit when others are usaully $2500. but theres has carbon fiber which isnt needed since it will be painted over. Lmk if it can be done with out moulding the actual kit. because if you can you could make a fortune selling these.
    http://www.kgsengineering.com/produc...ducts_id=16468

Re: question for builders

You should talk to goldie about getting it CNC milled, if he needs the 3d model for it, buy EA games, Need For Speed. Their cars/body kits are scanned if they are based on real existing mods. So they should be the exact size/fitment. Its only a body kit, so it shouldnt cost too much to CNC mill.

the car with this kit was in fast and furious tokyo drift so im sure there are toys of this car too. but accuracy might not be good. i hate body kits but this is a complete repanel

yea, thats why it would be best to buy EA Need For speed(PC game.) Once you buy the game, you can jsut extract the car and body kit model. It has the exact same body kit in, it was provided by veilside, so i dont see it bee inacurate. EA is also known for having very acurate models.

I could also do it for you(Get the 3d model) from EA games, I have quite a bit of experience with 3d design. Let me know if you want me to look into it.

thats produced by veilside, its the fortune kit modfied by a japanese company, looks a bit different. But not much difference in the 11grand price mark.

Green, I just called a friend of mine. He has the body kit 3d model. Its "welded" to the car body. He has to cut out the 3d model first, to seperate the kit from the body. He will be doing it in his spare time so its free of charge. Maybe a week or two at max. let me know if you want me to give him the go ahead.

Im off to bed, work early. :-\

definately if someone like goldie can make it

Id give it a go but i would still need either a 3d scan, model or cad files.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    definately if someone like goldie can make it

Quote Originally Posted by Scam artist ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisper2Me
    yea, thats why it would be best to buy EA Need For speed(PC game.) Once you buy the game, you can jsut extract the car and body kit model. It has the exact same body kit in, it was provided by veilside, so i dont see it bee inacurate. EA is also known for having very acurate models.
    Actually, EA are well know with their inaccurate 3d car models and it can be easily seen when you compare them with photos of the genuine cars. In the past I watched a video on Discovery how the EA modelers do their "scan" - first, they use spot-based scan method with arm measure machine (sorry, don't know the correct English term), then use the spot data as reference for the 3d mesh modeling. The bad think is they use inexact toys for the scan, so their 3d models are far from the real cars. Several replica builders already did some inaccurate Diablos, Ferraris and McLaren F1 by using Need for speed 3d models and failed to achieve even close precise. Gran Turismo 3 and 4 for PS2 use a lot better 3d models (but still inexact). Definitely it's a better source to get free 3d data for CNC milling.

EDIT: Since the Veilside rx7 kit is using the Chrysler4-12 concept design, with slightly modifications in the front bumper it can become an rx7-based kit for the same concept. hint
    Actualy, the reson the screenshots from EA games looks different then real life is because most people play the game in the wrong resolution format. As you know, those screen shots are all standard box resolution and not 16:9 ratio. So before you assume something, at least try to read up about it, and do some reasearch. Im sure a company such as EA, (One of the leading game designcompanies, and one of the most poverful) that makes over 50million in earnings each year, can afford to spend 5grand to scan a car and save themselves money by not having to pay huge amounts of cash to a 3d modeler who will not be able to get the same percision as a scan of the real thing could.

Green, I have just called the guy with the cad files. He will work on spliting the 3d file, once its done I'll send it over to you, you can look at it and if you feel the quality of the design is good enough, feel free to use it at no charge.

Like Goldie said, we're all here to help each other out, not make money off each other.

Im sorry you, but you somewhat lost me when you said "Experience" You, have experience? I suggest you pull that small head out of year ass and look around, preferably look at your website, your "Diabla" design for one, the small "teaser" pictures of it are rather pathetic to say the least. if you want to call that a supercar design, then perhaps you need to go back to school. For two, you are on the wrong forum mate, hate to say it, but you build "Sculptures" and this is a kit car forum. See the difference, I truly hope you do.

Also, you insist how percise your Model is. From what I see, you are using your hands to outline, and your hand held saw to cut. You also claim your more percise then a cnc mill. I dont see how that is even remotely possible. Humanity's hands have far more flaws then CNC milling would. Its sad to say, but CNC is far superior to even the most skilled hand crafters. A Machine doesnt get tired, a machine doesnt get confused, a machine will only make a mistake if its human countepart fails to maintain it.

On another note, you keep insisting on how inacurate EA is, go apply to work for them since your so far superior then them in designing. Im sure they will be glad to hire a egotistical moron who canbarely afford a metal shed to work in. WHo complains about his work conditions. I suggest if you cant afford the place, cant afford the project to abandon the project and be a realist, because your living in a little place called "La La Land" Look around, you pissed off 99.99% of this forum. Each topic you post in becomes a flame topic, and a arguing topic, and there is no debate in that.

There is a polite way to post your opinion, and then there is your way. You are a generaly a very egotistical person, when ever somebody posts something that you might have relevant knowledge of, you feel your ego, and your image needs to be risen by the condensending comments you post.

You are deffinetly starting to live upto your new name.