Thread: Murci Wheelbase.

Murci Wheelbase.

hey, hopefully you guys can help me with this, i've looked all over and cant seem to find anywhere about the wheelbases.
    i was researching and noticed that the wheel bases for the murci is about ten inches longer than the MR2's.
    Do I stretch it, leave it alone, or what?
    Any help would be awesome, sorry for such a noobie question too.
    Thanks,
    ~Chase.
    Oh, P.S. I hope this wasnt already posted, :S
    I searched all over and all I could find was stuff about the 355. xD

One more thing, just throwing this in there, what have you guys done about gauges (cluster) Do you have a replica cluster or original?
    Maybe this is included in the option 2 pack, you english have such different names for things. xD Took me weeks to figure out what a boot was. hah!
    Once Again, Thanks. ;]

Re: Murci Wheelbase.

wheelbase is 104.9 so you cut 5" past fire wall and stretch the car to the appropriate length

[quote=ChaseARoo ]

One more thing, just throwing this in there, what have you guys done about gauges (cluster) Do you have a replica cluster or original?
    factory cluster is $14,000 if I remember correct

Ohh! thanks for the help greenmeansgo.
    ok, so i definately dont have 14,000 laying around for gauge cluster,
    what have you guys done for this? did you find a replica? or use something different?

people are making them as we speak

First, you have to figure out what kit you are going to use. Then, you have to figure out what interior you are going to use in it. Some kits come with an interior, and some dont. Some interiors that are offered with the kits are really bad, not accurate at all, and hard to fit. Since you are going the MR2 route, your choice of interiors is giong to be limited. If you are going with the Extreme or AD Murcie, you will need to go with an all OEM interior, which will be a little pricey. The reason I say all this, is because it is directly related to the pod and guages that you can use. You cant use an OEM interior on a Triangle-G Murcie, and you cant use a Triangle-G interior on an OEM (Extreme or AD) Murcie. The pods are slightly different shapes (VERY minor, but none the less different). I make an OEM looking pod and guages for the Tri-G kits that will work with the Fiero wiring harness, and I think Italianknightrider makes a pod and guages that will fit the OEM interior, but I dont know if it is for the MR2 or Fiero, and I dont know the cost.
    My complete unit costs $1070, and just plugs right in to the stock wiring of the Fiero. I could make one to work with the MR2, but I could'nt give you an accurate price until I see what all is involved with the adaptation.
    The pod and instrumentation all depends on the kit you will build. Figure that out, and go from there. ;D
    Without talent experience is worthless

in my experience, the chassis for a Diablo and a Murci are close enough to be the same. There are some minor differences, but most of the kits were designed to be used on a Fiero or MR2.

I know my chassis will work on any of them, the only changes are to the interior tubing which is used to support the Diablo dash, this tubing won't fit in the Diablo, so it is reconfigured.

Mike
    www.Chassisworksinc.com<br />www.Chassissupply.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseARoo
    hey, hopefully you guys can help me with this, i've looked all over and cant seem to find anywhere about the wheelbases.
    i was researching and noticed that the wheel bases for the murci is about ten inches longer than the MR2's.
    Do I stretch it, leave it alone, or what?
    Any help would be awesome, sorry for such a noobie question too.
    Thanks,
    ~Chase.
    Oh, P.S. I hope this wasnt already posted, :S
    I searched all over and all I could find was stuff about the 355. xD

Maybe this is included in the option 2 pack, you english have such different names for things. xD Took me weeks to figure out what a boot was. hah!
    Once Again, Thanks. ;]

The site www.carfolio.com has many measurements for almost any car old and new.

Good luck

LarryG