Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help.... from scratch :(

I need help.... from scratch :(

Hello Everyone. I am new too this forum and I have a few general questions. I wanted to know would it be cheaper for me to make a lamborghini with a fiero chasis or to buy the car whole from someone? Thanks for all your advice.

I am starting a 6 month project so I need all the help I can get. Thanks and again

Re: I need help.... from scratch :(

That's a pretty general question, and thus pretty difficult to answer. You might let us know what it is you're planning to build, your budget, etc.

It's definitely going to be cheaper to buy a whole car from someone who started a project, then lost interest. But in the long run it may cost you more time and effort, as you can never be sure the prior owner didn't make a mess or cobble something together that will have to be removed and reworked to get the car road ready.

On that note, I think a 6 month project on a Lambo is unrealistic. It's more likely to take a couple years, unless you're able to work on it full time, have a lot of fabrication skills, a lot of automotive experience, and get all of the parts on time (which can be a never ending battle).

CNL

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    That's a pretty general question, and thus pretty difficult to answer. You might let us know what it is you're planning to build, your budget, etc.

It's definitely going to be cheaper to buy a whole car from someone who started a project, then lost interest. But in the long run it may cost you more time and effort, as you can never be sure the prior owner didn't make a mess or cobble something together that will have to be removed and reworked to get the car road ready.

On that note, I think a 6 month project on a Lambo is unrealistic. It's more likely to take a couple years, unless you're able to work on it full time, have a lot of fabrication skills, a lot of automotive experience, and get all of the parts on time (which can be a never ending battle).
    I agree with RHK, the best deal you will find will be to buy a semi-completed project. They pop up on Ebay from time to time and here as well. There was a Mercy offered here with the Porsche Donor for $6,500 a great deal, sad no one jumped on it at that time.

I also agree to make sure you are not buying a monster that someone has really messed up, it may be more trouble than the savings.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

That Mercy kit is on Ebay now with a 'Buy it Now' at $8,000.

How much do you think it would cost to build a diablo? Plz Email me

Also I keep hearing "donor" car in this site. What exactly s it? I know stupid question.

a donor car is the organ donor, you use its parts for your build chassis frame brakes whatever you take it from.

I would say building a Diablo would cost a minimum of $20K IF you did all the work yourself. On the other hand, I think there are a lot of them out there, half finished that you could get for a song.

Just to reiterate, the donor car would be the Fiero that you use for your Diablo build. If you built a Factory 5 Cobra, the donor would be a Mustang, even though the kit comes with a new chassis, and all you use from the donor Mustang would be the drivetrain, suspension, and brakes.

FREE

COME GET IT OCEAN SPRING MISSISSIPPI.
    CNL