Thread: Fiero chassis

Fiero chassis

Do you guys know how much a fiero chassis would run me? I am tring to build a lamborghini. I need all the help i can get.

Re: Fiero chassis

Got one here for you. $100. Your info didn't say where you are located.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

You did not mention if you wanted one running or not and what options are you looking for. There is one posted on this site for sale right now.. I do not know anything about it though, I just saw the posting. If that one doesnt work out, look for one as cheaply as possible with the level you are looking for. In my case, I paid $130 delivered to my house for a 1986 SE that did not run and hadnt for many years. I wasnt planning on using the engine anyway so it worked out good for me. If your plan is to use the Fiero's engine etc then I would suggest finding on that has been well maintained but maybe was in a small accident.... You can get for for well under 1000 again depending on what you want.

Just remember... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Personally, I would try to spend in the neighborhood of $1500. You can always find a basket case for $100-$500, but the 'surprises' are likely to cost you more time, money, and most importantly - motivation to finish the kit. I wouldn't even consider buying a non-running one, even if "it's just the fuel pump" that needs replaced.
    You can typically find a low mileage one, around 50-60,000 miles for about $5000, but you'll be cutting most of it away anyway, so I wouldn't spend the extra.

One thing to look for is the condition of the frame. An wasy indicator is to peel back the carpet in the trunk on each side. The frame rails can be seen there. There is always rust in there, but if there are holes big enough to stick your fingers through, probably not a good donor choice!

Also, an 88 model is more desireable due to an upgraded suspension. If you plan to upgrade your suspension anyway, no benefit there. The 84's are least desireable - the fuel tank is a little smaller, the wiring harness is moved to an easier accessible point in later years, and there was no V6 option in 84. Nothing you can't deal with, just something you 2want to be aware of.

Search for one on Ebay, Pennock's, and Fiero.net.

Quote Originally Posted by MURCenary
    Just remember... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
    I do agree with you and RHK but it really depends what your needs are. For my build there are only going to be a few Fiero pieces left over, the frame or at least most of it, the computer, partial wiring and a few other replaceable parts. This was the reason I went for a cheap donor. The more you plan on using of the Fiero the better condition it should be in. I got lucky, my chassis has some surface rust but no rot!!!

Agreed. I bought a Fiero, planning for a driver for a while until I had time to make a kit out of it. It's an 86 GT in decent shape, got it for $300, not running. $300 and a ton of hours later, it rolls around the block, but won't stay in 3rd gear, idles weird, leaks oil and trans fluid, no guages work, smells hot, all motor mounts need replaced, axle boot is worn, and the suspension is goofy, not to mention the tires are shot and the windshield is broken! Wishing I'd spent a little more now!

How much do you think it would cost to complete this project lamborgini diablo...Plz email me....

Again you need to be more specific in what you are looking for. You could get a non stretched version and toss it onto a fiero, not change the interior, leave whatever motor came with the Fiero use wheel spacers etc all the way up to a very high end build. You can probably find a partially completed kit for 8 - 10K on here or ebay. High end ones have gone for 80K and up

I would think if you are building a kit the $100 chassis would be good to use. About the only thing remaining of my $1,500 donor Fiero is the title.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.