Thread: camber wrong on lambo countach

camber wrong on lambo countach

my camber is wrong on my lambo it has fiero front spindles will corvette front spindles bolt in the same place and give me better camber or will the camber be the same

Re: camber wrong on lambo countach

Is your upper ball joint adjustable? They do make ball joints that are slotted so you can adjust the camber.

Mike

just checked, ball joint does not appear to be adjustable

You are pretty much stuck with the camber you have. Just set your suspension the same as the year of your Fiero. That is the main reason I switched to a completely adjustable slalom suspension. Held sells it now, when I purchased mine in 1998 it was from Ryane Motorsports. My car feels like it is on rails. Anti-Bump steering in the rear helps a great deal by removing the feeling (and reality) of the back wanting to pass the front at every bump.

The rear of a Fiero likes to be very firm (heavy springs, big anti-sway bar etc), the front softer than the rear (a littler softer springs by about 10-15%, 1.25 inch anti-sway bar).
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

darrell, did you bring it into a garage that does alignments or did you come to this conculsion on your own and are you using wheel spacers or are your rims off set and using the fiero bolt pattern?
    Another thing to look at are the tie rods and tie rod ends. I bought brand new front and rear tie rods and ends and had a shop install them and do a complete 4 wheel alignment to the specs of the year fiero my lambo sits on. And I installed a heavy duty anti sway bar. The car rides like it's on rails and completely fixed the "bump steer" problem. Note that I have the Compomotive LC wheels off set to fit using the OEM bolt pattern so I don't have wheel spacers that can mess up the camber and alignment.

its a tube steel chassie not a fiero i removed the body from the chassie and noticed that the front wheels where really leaning in alot it was originaly fitted whith small european spindles and brakes but the last owner thought that these were to small and changed them to fiero i was wondering what other owners of european kits use as there brakes i dont want to spend lots of money on corvette brakes if it isnt going to sort out my camber problem ,thanks for all your help

Well that makes a big diffrence. Do you know anything about the A arms used on the kit, suspension etc? You may just need to take it to a garage and have them check it out.

You mentioned the body was off of the chassis. With the suspension unloaded the wheels will lean out at the top.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

i stood on the chassie at the front and it seemed to get worse will put some bags of cement on the chassie in the morning see if this makes a difference thanks for your help,does anybody know what the affect of corvette brakes and spindles will have on my camber