Thread: I need f355 rims and a convertible top help please!

I need f355 rims and a convertible top help please!

This is the first kit car I'm builing, I just bought it, its in the stage where the whole bodys painted and everything is all hooked up and runs good, except cars on stock fiero rims and looks hideous lol, would like to get some f355 rims anyone have any for sale? They can be real or replicas ill be fine with either, I am also working on a limited budget.

Also its a spider and has no convertible top or anything, any suggestion as far as that?
    Thanks a lot!

Re: I need f355 rims and a convertible top help please!

On my last build I used late model camaro rims and tires. they look somewhat similar and you can get them for little cash. For the top I made a removable soft top. It didnt fold down but looked good when it was in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    On my last build I used late model camaro rims and tires. they look somewhat similar and you can get them for little cash. For the top I made a removable soft top. It didnt fold down but looked good when it was in place.

You did a nice job on that car. And I was following that build for years. You were the person I was getting most of my information from when I was building my first IFG 355. I just looked at what you did and tried my best to copy it.

I use a targa panel and folding rear section. Take a look at FunnyWheels goes topless.

I might sell my wheels and tires to you. newmdav@aceweb.com is a good way to discuss the top options.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

On my last build I used late model camaro rims and tires.
    Camaro wheels won't fit the Fiero without wheel adapters- different bolt pattern. Fiero uses 5x100; camaro 5x120.

A few years back, I was looking at Moda R6 rims - not sure if they make them in 5x100 anymore though.

Try tireRack for more wheel options - not always the best price, but worth looking at to know what you're looking for:
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...All&sort=Brand

For the record, I think the car needs to be lowered - I think that would do a lot for it! Still a nice car though!

Hey thanks for all the replies!

Dave I have been reading your going topless forum and think thats what I am going to do as far as my top. How long did that take you? I really would like my car done by chirstmas, and its going to get delieverd to my indoor garage this saturday so I can work on it everyday. The only thing I am worried about other than the top is weather sealing, I live in chicago, and we do have a lot of snowy days.

Oh one more question for the forum, anyone know where I can pick up all the emblems for the 355 spider and a gated shifter?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    You did a nice job on that car. And I was following that build for years. You were the person I was getting most of my information from when I was building my first IFG 355. I just looked at what you did and tried my best to copy it.
    Funny now I am copying you and your build

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    On my last build I used late model camaro rims and tires.
    Camaro wheels won't fit the Fiero without wheel adapters- different bolt pattern. Fiero uses 5x100; camaro 5x120.

For the record, I think the car needs to be lowered - I think that would do a lot for it! Still a nice car though!
    RHK, yes you do need to use adapters / spacers to convert these rims to the fiero bolt pattern. Thanks... The car was lowered 2" and had just over 2" of ground clearance before the "X" frame would hit the ground. I was going to lower the arches to make it look better but that was going to be a lot more work then I wanted to do. Someone else owns it now.

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up*
    Hey thanks for all the replies!

Dave I have been reading your going topless forum and think thats what I am going to do as far as my top. How long did that take you? I really would like my car done by chirstmas, and its going to get delieverd to my indoor garage this saturday so I can work on it everyday. The only thing I am worried about other than the top is weather sealing, I live in chicago, and we do have a lot of snowy days.

Oh one more question for the forum, anyone know where I can pick up all the emblems for the 355 spider and a gated shifter?

Thanks!
    The top is fairly easy to make now that I have the basic concept down. If you still have your panel from the Fiero top you can use that part to build your top. I have a 1/8 inch thick rubber strip across the header. It does not leak. Plenty of rain here in Tampa too. The hardest part was figuring out where to begin. I am on my 3rd redo this week and will be happy to send you progress photos after MacGyver stitches up the canvas.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.