Thread: NEW Project Nissan Based

NEW Project Nissan Based

Hi people. I been reading and learning and well i thought i would share what i am building or about to start to build. I been in the industry for well forever. Raced formula atlantic, gt cars, worked for all kinds of people and well have always been a kit car nut. So here is my project. I am building a prototype of a car. It is just for me but will be able to be replicated if people like them. I am using the Nissan 240sx S13/S14 chassis as a base. Why, well because it is like a japanese camaro. So many parts available, I am doing a full tube frame using the subframes from both the front and rear of the Nissan. The body will be an updated version of the Ferrari 550 le mans bodywork with my own twist to it. It is going to be powered by an engine that i have been watch collect dust for a few years in my shop, a Skyline RB series turbo 6 cyl. I will no doubt be asking all kinds of questions for advice and help. It is great to be a part of such a distinct niche of the automotive world.

dan

Re: NEW Project Nissan Based

rb24 in 240= good power

Sounds like fun, alot of work, but fun work. 8) Looking forward to seeing it take shape.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

I owned 3 skylines all with RBs in them. Very nice engines to work with and can make some very decent power with not much effort. Keep it to around 270rwkw (sorry dont know the exact rwhp figure for those of you HP guys) and the stock internals can last forever.

Keep us updated with the project

the first car is based off of an s13 wide body i currently have. i am going to attach blue foam to the car and reshape the rear of the car. the front is a combo of foam and steel to get the desired results. It isnt going to be a replica but well here is the story. I have 5 240s and actually had more at one time. I got sick of all of them looking like a drift car with the exact same wide body. there are a few other styles like the jacquemond or crap some pink company from japan. But one is just a wider wide body and the other is well ok from some angles and from others um.... just lame. the biggest difference in the look of the car will be me removing the quarter window and trying to replace it with a different looking pc. If i like what i see, i will do molds for the entire thing and at that point modify the roof as well. its just a great starting point for a car. i mean its got 14 inch brakes, 18 x 11 wheels in the rear and 9 in the front. coilover from jic magic, 400 plus hp, all aluminum adjustable a arms, control arms etc.....i am just tired of it looking like a 20 year old car. i am thinking of using a 2004 tiburon head light for the basis of my design. I think the lamps would work, refitting them into my buckets in the 550sx. i am thinking of buick lucerene tail lights from a 2007. opinions, ....

s15 front end conversion?

Nissan 240 as a Donor + Ferrari 550 Le Mans = Start of a Awesome Build! 8)

Keep us posted !!

No no S15. if you look at the front of a typical wide body say 1992 nissan 240sx, imagine the headlight area where the pop ups go being expanded towards the outside of the car through the fender. now imagine that the fender has just a bit more angle and taper than the typical wide body fender which for the ease of fitment uses the stock width front bumper. it doenst use a stock style but almost all aftermarket 240sx bumpers are stock width. by expanding that measurement just a bit it give the ability to create a better illusion of more width for the headlight area. the rear is more of a restyle of the wide body to a non cookie cutter shape with more of the squared off look of the 550 lemans car and cutting some sort of different tail lights into the car. i have a set of r32 skyline tails. i been looking at well actually new 2008 vw passat tail lamps. i think they give the cross between original skyline look of the distinct circles mixed with the ferrari circle look and at the same time look very modern and i think would blend well to give a new look to the car. the wheels currently on the car are enkei nto3m wheels in 18". i am using 295 on the rear and 245 or 255 on the front, i forget which size i got. the hood will have a vent on it similar to the ferrari but not the same. now all i have to do is get better. it seems my chest wall muscle is out of whack again or its my heart and they are too dumb to find the problem. but i do know dec 10th my gall bladder comes out. 38 and my body fell apart. Can't understand that one, and did i say its cold out side..... ok enough little girl whining. im off to the shop