Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Murcielago AWD

Murcielago AWD

I was wondering if anyone put all wheel drive in their Murcielago replica? If so, what did you guys do or any suggestions? I'm guessing a Porsche donor car.

Re: Murcielago AWD

I would suggest using the drivetrain from a truck (4wd), put it in the chassis backward. Flip the diff for the front (was rear) and flip the ring gear (if possible) at the x-fer case.

The problem is going to be tuning the chassis, I believe most will have a rear bias, but in the rotated config you would have a front bias.

Of course if money is not an issue the the porsche drivetrain would be the easiest to adapt, but make sure that you get all of the electronics.

The only thing I'm concerned about is what engine choices I will have. I want it to be mid engine mount like the Murcielago, and I have an LS2 engine. What transmission would I have to use to make this work?

I believe that your choice for gearbox will become the one used by quaife in their Quaife R4GTS race car in the late 90's early 2000's. If you want the correct layout

What about mounting a Porsche gearbox and engine longitudinally to create a center differential? However, this may be more work and provide mediocre results and I'm thinking it would be easier just to have RWD. Also, if I flipped the drive train off of a truck wouldn't I basically have rear mounted engine? If so, I might as well go with the Porsche drive train, gearbox, and engine setup right?

I thought this thread helped: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...iscussion.html

Been looking into this quite seriously. Seems there is hardly any information on the net (that I came across anyway) about creating an AWD mid-engine setup. Read somewhere that NAERC (correct name?) were building 2 awd Diablols. This was obviously before they were closed down...Anyone know if these were finished and how did they go about building them awd ? Most of the suggestions ive seen are to do with getting a 4wd (suv) system and reversing it (along with flipping the diffs). I have NO experience with this WHATSOEVER, so can someone confirm if this would actually work ? Im trying to picture it in my head and how it would all work out, what gearbox etc and its really confusing...

Egil3388... I think you are biting off more than most people can chew...

Here is my prediction... With the inginuity needed, the time involed, Oh! ... and the $$$$ involved.

Anyones attempt to replicate the all wheel drive... we will see an ad listed on lamborghinireplica.com in the future that will look like this:

Murcielago Replica for Sale: I started this project 3 years ago and I have invested 100's and 100's of hours into this project but I now need to move on to other interests due to (you pick) My wife wants this mess out of the garage, I spens more time on this than it's worth, I will never see this to completeion without banging my head against the garage door a thousand times, I am expecting another child and we need the room for the "family vehicle. and on and on and on.

Unless you are going to hire "West Coast Customs" in Corona, CA from pimp my ride to do this project and you have plenty of $$ (which most people on this thread do not have otherwise we would all own the real deal) then I personally would not bother. This afterall my friend is not the real deal... It is a REPLICA for heavens sake. NO one is going to know if you have all wheel drive.

MURCenary, thats exactly what I thought. I was just checking to see if anyone actually pulled this off, no harm in asking right? Looks like I'll stick with the LS2 and the Audi trans.

Thanks
    EG

it has been done with an audi a8 drive train.i think the name of the car was cyclon and it was a lambo replica from europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Z
    it has been done with an audi a8 drive train.i think the name of the car was cyclon and it was a lambo replica from europe.
    I would like to see that, the gearbox doesnt lend itself to that because of its layout.

I looked at it a long time ago, the only cost effective wat to do it is/was to use the porsche (as if you would ever call porsche cheap) drivetrain, but you would end up with a rear engined set up or use the 4wd set up from a 4x4 and flip the diferentials. That should not be that hard provided that the transfer case will allow for it. to think about it you can already get clocking rings for them now....