Thread: the transmission

the transmission

well i beleive its the transmission and i dont even know if i have spelt it right...
    anyway to the point when lamborghini's, ferrari's well literally any super car uses a manual or E-gear when you speed up then let go of the accelerator then go down a gear it makes that rev sound has anyone managed to do that with there replica car or normal car i believe its the transmission but im not sure...
    or is it because the cars are v8's v10's v12 etc (although i heard a fiat punto do it once so im not sure if they have tweaked the transmission)
    i was just wondering because that would be great on a replica manual.

well i found out one reason for it... the heal toe technique you hit the clutch and break then throttle at the same time (i think ) its for a smoother change when upshifitng or downshfting.

Re: the transmission

its called the heel toe or rev match technique.you blip the throttle on down shifts to keep the rear wheels from skipping or chattering when comming into a corner.you do this yourself on a manual transmission.the e-gears/sport shift or sequential manual(paddle shifters) mimic heel toe/rev matching by doing it for you.you can heel toe in any manual car, replica or not.its the driver doing it. to do it on an automatic replica would require an e-throttle or an add on servo(throttle blipper ha ha) with a control box and lots of trial and error.