Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some answers from the gurus

need some answers from the gurus

if i were to make my own kit just for the learning experience and to slap a cheap build together for the wife what is the best way to go at it?
    i found blu prints for projection, is this the best technique without having the car to mould and not buying a cnc that i cant even guess its cost. if not what is? would it be accurate? i think it would be fun and id learn a few things. lmk thanks

Re: need some answers from the gurus

This question comes to you guys, by the way, from a guy who has been sending me messages like the following:
    "this is the kitcar world we dont have credentials, the only businesses are in the uk because they cant get sued for copyrights, if anything we make resembles something else we get sued so that is why theres no business. just some guy with experience and an idea. if your looking for more than that then this might be a bad idea. i have 8 years in fabrication, it will have a tube chassis that is qualifed as a roll cage. with a stock hayabusa motor it will run 3.8 0 to 60. curb weight approx. 1300 lbs two wheel in front one in rear, will give turning abilities like a bike and very stable"

Then he proceeds to send me pictures of stuff from other sites. Did I mention that he wanted me to send him $5000 for a rolling chassis and then $5000 more for the complete project?

Alll sight unseen...

When I called him out for stealing other people's images, he had no response again.

FYI..

A lot of crooks on the Internet..

They all know ive been thinking of building a trike, i just offered to build you one too because you made a thread asking for a build using a bike motor seemed like a good deal for us both and a very good price for you, i never said i designed the cad work just working off it. just like the didnt create the reventons but they build off it. i even told you that you can come see a chassis before making a purchase, the reason i stopped talking to you is because of the scam remarks you kept making. but good luck with that. i guess you havent researched enough to see mm, ikr, and others dont have a lamboreplica inc. they just do it. im not mad at you for this just research more before calling me a scammer. and you know its absolutely true i said 100%that your local brother inlaw could see my work first.

also if anyone does decide to question what i do and dont have i can take pics holding any sign you want. now please back on topic
    wow you just put me in a bad mood. never been called a scammer before

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    also if anyone does decide to question what i do and dont have i can take pics holding any sign you want. now please back on topic
    wow you just put me in a bad mood. never been called a scammer before
    I asked you multiple times for anything resembling credentials -- pictures, etc., and you kept saying "People will steal them, etc."

I'm sorry, but when you send me a picture of a CAD drawing as though it is your own, you are being shady.

I may be wrong, but I wanted others on the site here to know that you were sending private messages like that.

If you indeed are going to make a trike chassis, even if it is copying someone else's design, then I'm sure I and others would be interested in the finished product.

Asking me to send you $5000 sight unseen and combining it with a picture from: http://www.g2cycles.com/specifications_eng.html (It was the bottom picture) and pretending like it was your "plan" is shady, pure and simple.

I did derail your thread but with the intent of shedding some light on a member based on my own experience. I think that open forums have better communities when they are self-regulating. I can post the other messages you sent or an administrator can contact me if I am out of line.

Especially that particular trike -- one of the coolest ones out there. I was very disappointed when I uncovered the truth of its origins.

i never said i made the cad you asked if i had pics of what the chassis would look like. and it woudnt be sight unseen we discussed your brother inlaw coming and seeing everything correct? yes, just wait for others on this board to comment. they will tell you that if i post my renderings with measurements it would be imediately stolen. plus you said yourself you wanted to build one yourself whats to stop you from taking the measurements i worked to get and building your own. your acting like building a trike chassis is hard, why would i scam someone for easy money? my best friend is a tig welder/dyno tuner. and ive been doing fab for 8 years. like i said before and still again copyright laws follow in the usa. thus who has credentials. you got mad because i dont have a business. if you want a business go to trex and pay $50,000. or lamborghini and pay $400000. now quit hijacking my thread unless someone sees a point for you to go further

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    i never said i made the cad you asked if i had pics of what the chassis would look like. and it woudnt be sight unseen we discussed your brother inlaw coming and seeing everything correct? yes, just wait for others on this board to comment. they will tell you that if i post my renderings with measurements it would be imediately stolen. plus you said yourself you wanted to build one yourself whats to stop you from taking the measurements i worked to get and building your own. your acting like building a trike chassis is hard, why would i scam someone for easy money? my best friend is a tig welder/dyno tuner. and ive been doing fab for 8 years. like i said before and still again copyright laws follow in the usa. thus who has credentials. you got mad because i dont have a business. if you want a business go to trex and pay $50,000. or lamborghini and pay $400000. now quit hijacking my thread unless someone sees a point for you to go further
    I'll quit hijacking your thread when you issue full disclosure -- I asked for pictures and you sent me that CAD drawing. Now, you didn't claim it was yours but you NEVER said it was taken from somewhere else and where you were basing your design on.

And no, I won't trust my life and investment $$ to someone who claims to just be able to weld. Anyone on here can tell you that there is a lot more to making a safe/solid/well-performing chassis. Hence my continued questions about your credentials. I can TIG, I have books on chassis building, but I am not building one myself (yet) simply due to the fact that I have no experience at it -- just like you. Difference being, I don't pretend like I can do it well.

DAVE, im making a new thread
    guys feel free to chime in here and explain to him the difference in kitcars and being a dealership

ever single vehichle ever produced on this forum that needed chassis mods, and every chassis custom made does not meet the credentials you are looking for

haha im trying to build something thats what this thread use to be for. when others who care what people think of me sign in they will explain that no one has the credentials hes looking for. this is why i quit talking to him before before it was never ending. oh well hope he finds what he is looking for