Thread: mini replicar

mini replicar

Hi Guys
    I have never built a kit car before and have very little knowledge about the kit car world. I have heard that you can buy a kit car of a mini and I would really love to build one. Is there a website or a manufacturer I can view or get in contact with to get more information on them? I have tried searching google but with no results.

Re: mini replicar

First off welcome to the board. On that note with the replica kits, half the time these kits are done on the sneak being that its not exactly legal. What I mean is theres people out there making kits and dont have permission from the car manufacturer to do so. With this in mind find a kit is a little difficult in general.........especially without getting scammed. If you were looking into older type cars its a lot easier to find. Most people here are building exotics as you probably saw. Some people are building their own kits from scratch. What I mean is that they are making their own bodies based on computer 3d scans, pictures and models. So, if their is a kit for what your looking for, it may be a little bit of a hassle to find it.

ok, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaternater
    Hi Guys
    I have never built a kit car before and have very little knowledge about the kit car world. I have heard that you can buy a kit car of a mini and I would really love to build one. Is there a website or a manufacturer I can view or get in contact with to get more information on them? I have tried searching google but with no results.
    First welcome. And I assume you are referring to the mini-cooper correct? If so I have not come across one yet but I agree with murcilambo that there is alot of things being built in this area that you will not easily find advertised. btw if its a cooper your after I recall seeing a article concerning the China version that is so close to the real thing the doors between the two are interchangable. I wonder if it may be possible for someone to purchase the body panels from them??? Just an idea.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

There was a Mini inspired kit featured in one of the kitcar magazines a few years back - it was yellow, I think it may have been on the cover of Kit Car Mag? Not sure that it ever became a kit, but might be worth looking into...

You might find something here also:
    http://www.kitcarlist.com/

I thought someone was doing a kit (a glass body and spaceframe) that had a bike engine in it - that was a 'classic' old style mini. No idea about the new one. ???
    Will have a quick search through some old magazines and see if I can find the name...
    Found it!!!!
    Z Cars:
    http://www.zcars.org.uk/mini/index.htm
    They do an elise conversion as well.
    Hope this helps mate and welcome to the world of skinned knuckles and pride in what you drive