Thread: Original Countach red color with new paint system

Original Countach red color with new paint system

Today there is impossible to order the new acrylic paint to old cars because they dont make recipes to the old cars.
    I managed to order 3 liter of Countach Rosso red in the older acrylic system.
    After that, i did scan the car and asked the paint software what color it is.
    The software did say 99% look alike to VW Flashrot with paint number LG3E. This is with Standox paint system.
    When the paint software say over 96 % you can paint a part of the car snd you dont se any differens.
    Mikael Vanheden
    <br />Gothenburg
    <br />Sweden
    <br />mikael@vanheden.nu

Re: Original Countach red color with new paint system

Hi, i think it would be nicer if you make a thread documenting all the things
    about your build instead of making separate ones.

Regards

wanna ask you some, what kind of acrylic paint?? acrylic enamel or laquer? if you choose a acrylic enamel; that paint will fade in no time , if you want to spray it as single stage then why not urethene enamel. and if you get some dirt or sags you can wet sand and polish. A/enamel would too, but now you'r realy shorten it's life.
    now Laquer is the easy part ,pond on 30-40 coats and rub it and polish, but again, it will crack in few years.
    that is why most custom paint shop and all body shops switched to acrylic urethene aka base coat/clear coat.

my opinion only
    automotive painter by trade for 25years and thousands of cars painted.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rcc
    that is why most custom paint shop and all body shops switched to acrylic urethene aka base coat/clear coat.
    HUH? Acrylic Urethane paint is otherwise known as base/clear? I guess if you spray metallics all day long thats all you have is a base and a clear. I use mostly solids, rossa red, fly yellow, and of course black. I spray these in a single stage paint, PPG DCC Concept. This paint works very well for me, and yes it is easily workable after spraying, holds gloss well (even without a clear), and is durable no doubt. To say that a urethane paint is known as a base/clear is inaccurate.
    Don't want a metallic, go with a single stage Urethane. Spray 3-4 good coats (after a good sealer like DPLF), and be done with it, no clear. My paint distributor states that the gloss of a single stage is comparable to a base/clear without all the cost and time. Eric

To say that a urethane paint is known as a base/clear is inaccurate.

http://www.paintforcars.com/urethane..._starfire.html

my apologies