Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IKR HALF FINISH PLUG

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

IKR HALF FINISH PLUG

PROTOTYPE DO YOU THINK THE POUR IN FOAM WOULD BE BETTER TO SHAPE THE FRONT CAP AN SIDE SKIRT PLUGS WITH

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL FOR THE SUPPORT AN HELP
    IKR

L & R side skirts an scoops & headlight pod box

I DO OWN THE WOOD PLUGS , SO I WILL WORK FROM THIS
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: IKR HALF FINISH PLUG

the pour in foam will expand and MIGHT move your formers around.not fun to fix from what im told

REMOVE YOUR POST THIS IS FOR MEMBERS THAT PLAN TO HELP ME ,YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE ,HOW COULD YOU POST ON WORK YOU DID NOT FINISH , I STARTED A FRESH THREAD TO HELP ME ACOMPLISH MY GOALS , NOT FOR YOU TO PLAY AROUND LIKE YOU ARE A FRIEND OF THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM ,THIS THREAR IS FOR ,TURMITE, PROTOTYPE, MURCIE ME , FUNNYWHEELS, DON, THE GUY DOING THE 430 COUPE AN OTHER HIGHLY APPRECIATED FORUM MEMBERS ,THEY ARE HELPFUL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER KIT OR REPLICA MAKE IT TO THE ROAD NOT SOMEONE TRYING TO !!! WELL YOU UNDERSTAND I HAD HIGH HOPES IN YOUR ABLITY ,THAT IS WHY I GAVE YOU THE JOB AN WHEN YOU HAD PERSONAL ISSUES ,I STILL GAVE YOU A CHANCE NOW WHY YOU POST HERE

I AM TRYING NOT TO VENT ON THIS THREAD ,THIS IS INSANE

YOU WERE THE ONE THAT RECOMMENDED THE FIBRON THAT DID NOT GET INSTALLED AN NOW YOU WOULD POST LIQUID FOAM IS NOT AS GOOD AS FIBRON THAT YOU NEVER GOT AROUND TO FINISHING ,IF I MESSED OVER SOMEONE HERE I WOULD NEVER GO POST ON ANOTHER THREAD THEY START EVEN AFTER EVERYBODY HERE TELL YOU ,YOU WERE WRONG ,YOU ACT LIKE AT THESE PEOPLE NEVER POSTED NOT ONE PERSON HAS COME OUT AN JUST SAID YOU DONE THE RIGHT THING ,AN THIS LEAD ME TO THE FACT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU ,YOUR COMPREHENSION OF THINGS IS OFF
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

IKR,
    The 2 part expanding foam would probably be best in the wood plug. I dont think you have to worry about the expansion moving the formers around. Typically, as long as the foam has an unrestricted path to expand, most (85%) of the expansion will move towards the opening (top), and not to the sides (walls) of the formers. It is best to pour the foam in a checkerboard pattern, and when it has set, come back and fill in the other cells. The only drawback to the pour-in foam, is that when its first mixed, its pretty watery, and may leak out if each cell is not sealed at the bottom, before it has time to start expanding. Dont worry about the size or amount of bubbles it produces, as long as it creates a firm finished surface after shaping, that is all you need to do the final skim-coat of bondo, or wall compound. You could even use the foam-in-a-can, although its a little expensive, and takes a while to fully cure.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi1
    If you mean the 2-part liquid urethane foam, yes, it's faster to add if it comes hard after dry, i.e. makes more but smaller bubbles. It's not better than the "Fibran", only takes less time to add it to the wooden cell. But keep in mind that foam expands its volume up to 40-100 times and this can cause some undesired movement of the wooden planes, so be careful and add that foam only in areas that are strong enough. Unfortunately, such liquid foam is not available here. You can check this one: http://www.uscomposites.com/foam.html

The "Fibran" blocks are better for use in thin areas (read as fragile) because it's expanded under pressure and thus the concentrated walls of the micro bubbles makes it several times stronger than the liquid foam. Use it around the wheel well borders, front air intakes, lower portion of the side skirts (the very bottom side of the tunnel in front of the air intakes), etc. Hopefully this helps.
    bobi1, i thought u are suppose to be busy working things out...
    as u said your time is as precious as billgate...

opps....IKR, u have to pay another $5bucks for this reply...LOLOL...
    just kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    IKR,
    The 2 part expanding foam would probably be best in the wood plug. I dont think you have to worry about the expansion moving the formers around. Typically, as long as the foam has an unrestricted path to expand, most (85%) of the expansion will move towards the opening (top), and not to the sides (walls) of the formers. It is best to pour the foam in a checkerboard pattern, and when it has set, come back and fill in the other cells. The only drawback to the pour-in foam, is that when its first mixed, its pretty watery, and may leak out if each cell is not sealed at the bottom, before it has time to start expanding. Dont worry about the size or amount of bubbles it produces, as long as it creates a firm finished surface after shaping, that is all you need to do the final skim-coat of bondo, or wall compound. You could even use the foam-in-a-can, although its a little expensive, and takes a while to fully cure.
    I've used the foam in a can before and had a very difficult time sanding it. It never became rigid enough to sand. Which spray foam do you use? The foam I bought was the typical home improvement store foam.

I cannot believe the nerve some people have...

BOBI, I, LIKE MANY OTHERS, HAD FAITH IN YOU, BELIEVED IN YOU, AND ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE A DESCENT PERSON...SORRY TO EVERYBODY FOR ME EVER THINKING THIS.

I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO POST HERE AFTER YOUR RECENT PERFORMANCE OR LACK OF IT, BUT NOW I REALIZE. WHEN PEOPLE HAVE NO VALUES, NO BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE, NO ETHICS AND NO COMMON SENSE, IT DOESN'T FIT IN THEIR LITTLE BRAINS THAT RIPPING OFF PEOPLE OR CHEATING THEM OUT OF THEIR MONEY ON FALSE PROMISES, IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR (AT LEAST IN THE USA).

I VOTE THAT BOBI ANGELIEV BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE AND THAT A WARNING BE SENT OUT REGARDING HIS BUSINESS PRACTICES THROUGHOUT THE INTERNET. OTHER PEOPLE DON'T DESERVE TO FALL PREY TO ANOTHER SCAM. AS IT HAPPENS, AND AT THE END, THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT: BOBI ANGELIEVE, THE SELF PROCLAIMED "KNOW IT ALL PERFECTIONIST, KIT CAR GOD, THE MAN WHO HAS THE MOST KNOWLEDGE IN THE WORLD ON ANYTHING CAR RELATED, MORE SO THAN ANY DESIGNER, BUILDER OR CAR FACTORY, IS NOTHING BUT AIR BLOWN OUT THE REAR MUFFLER. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAD A FALLING OUT WITH HIS EX-PARTNER. THE FATHER OF THE ORIGINALLY NAMED: DIABLA IS NOTHING BUT A MALICIOUS THIEF. A CROOK!

IF HE CAN'T ACCEPT HE IS THE CAUSE OF DAMAGES TO OTHERS AND THAT HE HAS DONE WRONG WITH HIS ACTS OR RATHER, A TOTAL LACK OF THEM, HE IS NOT WORTHY OF TRUSTING HERE OR ANYWHERE, NOT EVEN WITH A YARD STICK.

BOBI, YOU DECEIVED ME AND MANY OTHERS, BUT WORST OFF, YOU DISGRACED YOURSELF. NO NEED IN IKR THREATENING YOU, YOU JUST PULLED THE TRIGGER ON YOURSELF WITH YOUR ACTS AND IN A VERY DISHONEST MANNER. IT APPEARS CLEARLY THAT YOU HAD NO INTENTION OF PERFORMING SINCE THE BEGINING. YOUR LACK OF FACTS SPEAK LOUD AND CLEAR FOR THEMSELVES. NO NEED FOR TRANSLATION EITHER. NOT A GOOD MAIDEN VOYAGE FOR YOU PAL, ACTUALLY...THIS WAS A HORRIBLE CRASH AND BURN ON YOUR PART, AND WORST OFF...THIS WAS ON YOUR TRIAL FLIGHT. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE MERCY ON YOU. AN "A-CONCEPTS" PRODIGY HAS BEEN BORN...

IKR, I tried mediating and offering friendly and healthy input since this conflict was exposed, trying at all times not to take sides. Although I don't know you and don't intend to flame your post or hijack it, I believe the truth has spoken for itself and as a cautionary note, this should be left here for the safety of others to see.

Lets have Dave or Ari call the shots, but accepting him here without an ounce of decency, shouldn't be an option.
    Kindest Regards,
    KCB

from personal experience, the liquid foam and expanding foam doesn't work too well. fact is that it expands and keeps expanding while the surface layer is drying. it is harder to sand and work with, it might move some of the wood off a bit from expanding. you have other options before using the liquid foam.

1. use the pink foam you can find at home depo, glue it in to place and cut away the extra and sand. spray with a hard coat, fill in any low spots with bondo, sand, paint and mold it. foam would be easier to work with, just alot of step you have to do before you can start molding.

2. purchase a roll of felt marterial from and fabric store, enough to cover the front cap. staple and stretch the material over the grids, staple your shapes out. by using the felt it gives you a think enough surface to work with when sanding. once you have stretched it over and afixed it down, apply resin over it let dry, sand, apply some filler, smooth everything out and paint. Just like making a fiberglass sub box, with this method theres no need for a hard coat

I have seen it done with the pink foam. Easily available if you mess up too

So, do you think with the downturn in the economy, more scams will start to happen? I mean I myself have been scammed out of like 3000.00 in materials with a guy from this forum (used to be)!

i think Lowe,s HAVE THE PINK AN BLUE FOAM