Thread: Which Engine do i choose

Which Engine do i choose

OK,
    first of all let me say thank you all for such a great site. Ive been following the threads for some time and have learned alot. I own a 88 Gt I off the show room floor Orig Owner. Last year, just for kicks I bought, or should I say stole ;D a set of Konig wheels and avs from DKOV. ( is that guy great or what) with the Ferrari centers. and was hooked. So on to Mr mikes, West coast Fieros, Borla, Held Motorsports coilovers, Fiero Store, 355 nose, Full wide rocker scoops, Custom made Wing Kind of ferrari lookin,and a little router and tempered glass work on the rear deck lid, and wahlaa, Oh Yea and some $5,000.00+ later and Its off to the paint shop last week. only To be coming home next friday 8) ;D Too Kool....Right?

:-/ :-[This 2.8 wont do :P :-X

:I need a real Motor ??? :-/ However I can afford to do pretty much what I want. SO The Question is WHAT?

Could you talk to me about the best conversion to do.
    N*, 3.4, 3800, God Ive read little about them all but know that i'm ready Just dont know what to do. :-X

Re: Which Engine do i choose

Hey big guy!!! Long time no see!

What, no snivel e-mails for me to cry over? I still have the pics you sent after the FIRST visit to the paintshop

Just so happens that I have a SECOND 3.4L TDC otor now and you still haven't ridden in my Fiero with the 3.4L TDC in it now... What's up with that?

Get my wheelss, Ferrari Mirrors, brakes and calipers and I never hear from you again? I thought we had something special

Anyway, the 2nd motor/550 HP TDC project gets underway next week as ACs performance gets into "phase 2"... TURBO CHARGER!

Of course, I have a Northstar V8 here mated to a Porche tranny for sale... NO STEALS Actually, yes a steal... $1500.00 for BOTH including the adapter kit which is nearly that alone!

So big "W"... what say we get in touch? I still say you need that other Mirage 355 kit I have

I don't have your number any longer, got bumped from the saved phone list on my cell... Do you still have mine? Or, I could just stop by the shop...

Call me, eh?

DKOV -

Hey Scott, Nice to here from you So are you offering me a 550HP motor at a great price............. Kidding.

So Email me @ wade@pacificcascadehomes.com
    or this weekend at hmbldg16@aol.com
    Leave me your phone #s again and I will call.

Very Very interested in talking to you about the motors.
    So Lets talk. I would love to do a N* just dont know yet.
    Really want to ride in your car. Last time I was @ your place
    You started that thing and I thought.OH MY GOD.......... ;D
    This guy is as crazy as me.
    My 2.8 Just wont do. Got the money together so lets go.
    Hope to hear from you soon

I'm just curious...

I know that some 95% of you are, probably, Chevrolet advocates, but, well, I'm not. This just happens to pose a rather large problem to someone that is intrested in building a mid-engine conversion in the US. I keep hearing that with this N* engine, you can drag 750 HP out. On top of that, since it is a GM product, it will be much simpler to place in the back of a Fiero. Only problem is, (I'm in my garage writing this) I'm sitting here, looking at a 820 HP turbo SVO 4 cylinder (regulated down to 18 lbs of boost and roughly 450 HP) and a 351W stroked out to 427 cu. in. that is right around 700 HP. I've got around $20K tied up in these engines, and unless someone builds a conversion kit, I can't put them in what ever kit car I wind up building, unless it's a Cobra. :'( As nice as the Cobras are, (Daytona Coupe being my personal favorite) I'm looking to have something quite a bit more exotic.

I know that someone builds tube frame chassis for a Diablo replica that can accept either the Jaguar V12 or the BMW V12, but I'm pretty sure that BOTH these are about 10 times more trouble than they are worth. Anyone know if there is someone that builds kits to convert to a Ford power plant?

Major

Hey, DKOV, What trans are you going to be running behind the 550 HP turbo charged motor? T.I.A

Prasad

KEP, Kennedy Engineered Products builds hundreds of adaptor plates. The 4cyl engine is probably not an engine you would use for a kit. The Ford motor would be great.

I'm running the Getrag 284 Rebuilt by Trans-pro performance. It should hold together. : Here me baby, hold together!

I'm thinking about converting to a 4 speed because of the longer gears. I've also been contemplating adapting an Audi transmission as they are SO strong...

For now, I'm sticking with the 284

DKOV -

If you are making 550HP good luck, you may have a big problem with the clutch. Why not a build 4t60 or the Porsche 950 trans.I see V8's with less HP and Torque tearing up Getrags. With the turbo that makes 550HP, you also will have killer Torque like around 600ft/lbs. When are you planning to complete this?

I working on it now. I hope to have it all wrapped up by spring. Keep in mind that I am also building a F355 kit car at the same time

I am a bit worried about the clutch too. Although, owning a Lotus Esprit Turbo has given me a bit of an education in the proper way to get the power down without tearing up the clutch and tranny. I think it'll be fine. I did have a centerforce in there and it seems to hold just fine so far.

Let's hope for continued luck

As for the other tranny options... we'll see

DKOV -