Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gallrdo updates

gallrdo updates

any news from any of the gallrdos coming out. havent seen anything in a few months

Re: gallrdo updates

just to let you know i took posession of my exact replicas gallardo kit on the 26th jan ,very happy with the kit,nice bright orange gel a nice kit,im waiting for the lp bumpers and the coupe roof conversion,ive got some nice high res pics of the roof and it looks great,got a real coupe engine deck lid,rear window and side quarter glass,along with a genuine windscreen and front bonnet/hood and wheels ,the kit parts are good enough but as ive seen and experianced before anything that tends to open and is made of grp never seems to want to stay straight and unbuckeled and also never feels quite strong enough when its in your hands,no matter how much strenth or fabricated framework thats ever bonded to them!! "IMO"
    anyhow im going to start in march as im away from the uk off and on until then

dude, i afraid u are giving the wrong opinion...
    the "exact" kit offer to complete the kit "almost" direct bolt on to your MR2(MRS) donor without stretching or much cuttings and such which might complete within weeks....

if u are looking for something more "close to real" thing, get something else or cpntact him personally...
    he already stated that he do have the 100% kit which mould off the real thing if u wish to..
    but u have to figure out how to sit them onto your donor and look 100% real...

just my two cents...
    wish luck...

[/quote]
    dude, i afraid u are giving the wrong opinion...
    the "exact" kit offer to complete the kit "almost" direct bolt on to your MR2(MRS) donor without stretching or much cuttings and such which might complete within weeks....

if u are looking for something more "close to real" thing, get something else or cpntact him personally...
    he already stated that he do have the 100% kit which mould off the real thing if u wish to..
    but u have to figure out how to sit them onto your donor and look 100% real...

just my two cents...
    wish luck...
    [/quote]

Fair enough, but i know its a direct bolt on kit, that is why i mentioned dna as so is theirs. But they will provide a kit with a more authentic look. Fair enough if alpina-ferrari is happy with it but im answering SAMIAM1017 originally question by recommending he holds on a bit for the 3 companies i mentioned to complete their gallardo.

hi guys its all good and fair points,we all pay our money and take our choice,my choice was based upon seeing the original pannels that exact used,thats the original factory bumpers front and rear,the original quarter pannels,the original rear pannel,the original engine deck lid,both spyder and coupe,the original front wings,the original polyurathane sills,all the original metal and abs pannels from a real car were what were used to develop the kit,the only pannel that exact never purchased from a real car was the hood/bonnet as the one they had purchased with a load of re-production pannels was seen as being perfectly goodenough to mould from!"i have however since purchased a real metal one for the reasons i stated in my earlier posts"
    after seeing all the original car pannels and knowing the car was going to look as it should i was happy,the way exact have made the kit fit the car,and not the car fit the kit was for me the best way to go,it means a safe car can be built and used everyday,the adapted hood/bonnet on the spyder was alawys going to not be for everyone,even exact make that clear themselves,none the less though the car is a beautiful car,also if any builder chooses to cut a move the windscreen thats up to the builder,its not that it cant be done,it can,but exact wont condone it,or do it,its the builders choice,but once done it will build a car that as convincing as any car on here ever will be,"IMO".exact will supply a standard hood/bonnet if you choose to go that way.
    Remember though a real gallardo spyder has no intrinsic strenth built into the windscreen surround,the rollover safety device is a computer controlled enertia activated bar system that actuates as the cars body centre of gravity passes a computer software point,the roll over system will then pop up in 100 thousandth of a second behind the seats,bit like an early merc sl but much more complicated to boot.
    So with this in mind when anyone launches their version,anything that doesnt both look and work the way ive stated then hey ,any car by any company will be a compromise of one sort or another.
    Although the exact spyder rear deck is lifted off the real 20k plus carbon fire part from a real car and it looks fantastic,i just couldnt settle with the uncertanty of the windshield safety issues,i have children to take out for spins when im in the mood,my wife drives a 993 turbo and i want to enjoy the same safe/everday fun feeling that car gives when ive got my sons with me and im out and about playing !!

My gallardo build is going to be the coupe,the reasons are the windshield will be in the same position as the factory car,"i have a real windshield waiting",the one piece moulding from a factory car has the windshield surround,the roof,flying butresses,rear window,and side rear quarter window recesses moulded in,the rear quarter wing tops are also part of this one piece monster!!!the down side is that fantastic shape spyder rear deck will not be used on my car as i have a real coupe engine deck here,its awful to look at compared with the spyder version but thats my build choice so the spyder one will stay in my garage,
    Now i dont like cutting cars,i believe it to be an unsafe practise,no amount of added after market metal can EVER re-instate the strenth that toyota engineered into the car,"IMO",so with this in mind i was at the very least unsure about it all!!

The only reason ive gone this route is once the windshield is removed and before the coupe roof is bonded onto the car a solid rollover bar is fitted behind the seats,it fits from one side to the other and fits exactly were it should for maximum strenth and rollover protection,once in place the roof will be bonded on,the new heaad linning will hide the rollover hoop,the original bonnet/hood i have will be fitted and thats about as good as i think it can look,Q:is it madness to take a good usable convertable factory toyota car and turn it into a fixed roof coupe that can never be turned back??? A:well i think so ,so thats what ive opted for,again exact WONT do this work,its just not their thing,at least they have the guts to tell everyone.

Final point though is if any of the companies out there have got a better product then good on them,i wish everyone well,but exact have had the good karma to show us all,warts an all,the build stages,the ideas,the car overall,the pannels,and the ideas of how they feel it can be done,or how they are doing it,
    Whats everyone else shown you all,except blank pages hollow promises,bad pannels stood against frames and nothing new for months and months even years in some cases,fancey websites arnt the way to convince REAL buyers,the pretenders may well post all day long about the superb job being done after looking at the hyped gloss,but the people who really mater"the ones who will spend their money"really just want warts an all pics and real shots of a car that is together,and both buildable and useable ,well like it or not there was only one place i found this,if any other company has a good product then they arent that wired up,if there was some substance to the rumours i may well have bought their gallardo,so thats one sale less for whoever the darkside are,final point on this though is this:Why all the secrecy??its a bloody car,not some deep state secret that needs top clearance to view,a car!! whats the problem???its a car!!!.

The gallardo is hardly a new car these days,the reventions a much newer car ,yet strangley its being replicated by more and more people / companies every month,pics and articles show the story,so wheres all these gallardos???,the spaceframe looks great,i couldnt build one as i dont have the time ,the money,or the skill,the sva test scares me to death as does the hassle of registering the car here in the u.k,i owned a gt40 spaceframe once,the hassle involved convinced me once was enough for a spaceframe,also ive mentioned before the gallardo is a tiny car physically in super car terms,it seems the cars close to the mr2 spyder in dimension,its much closer than say a 430 is,and as others here have pointed out on this thread dna 430 look great,so is it worth the frame build hassle???again personal opinion and nothing more.if anyone decides to build any car however they see fit then good on you, the one im going to start in march will have to do me,i wont have to deal or worry about tests ,the saftey of the car is built in as are the airbags,all stuff that cant easily "if at all" be done with a total ground up build,goodluck to all with building your dreams"just make sure they dont become nightmares".

I dont know how to upload images but idf anyone wants some pics of my kit etc etc P.M me your email adress,if you include your daytime tel no i will send you pics,no phone number=no pics,i dont want to waste time sending info etc to idiots,cheers jon.

i didn't start a tread to fire anybody up about who makes the most exact kit,fact of the matter is the only kit available is exacts.
    i have been checking for updates on the "other kits" never any new news,pics, anything???? i really like the idea of a bolt on kit,and the ones DNA,and extreme make are fantastic looking cars. hopefully if they ever do come out with a gallrdo rep will will look as good as there 360 kits. and as far as spydersportscars kit goes thats a different kind of kit then i am taking about,not looking at tube chassis build, or a complicated stretch or roof cutting project. there kit looks amazing, what little ive see and what ive read its got alot of design professionals behind there build. i just wish somebody in the usa would produce kits like these..
    and thanks in advance alpina, i am looking forward to following your build, cant wait to see pics of the coupe.

Hi guys,

Finally gallardo activity,

Please post pics of you build, i'm also interested in a gallardo replica.

regards,
    marchel

hi and just a few points and thoughts about my build so far
    my exact kit arrived with the coupe roof conversion on jan 23rd,im really happy with the kit ,its a great fit and definatley benifits from the new way kit makers these days make a kit fit a car,not a car fit a kit,the days of rickity frames and brackets are surley all but numbered looking at the way the dna/mr2kits.co.uk /exact ferrari lambo stuffs done.
    it makes the builds affordable.but above all achievable and useable!!
    My exact ""gallardo inspired kit arrived in orange gel finish,its anice thing,the spyder engine deck is by far the best part to stand and admire but sadly it will just sit in my garage as the coupe build means it will never get used!!
    the mirror shells are the thing i hate most,yes splashed from real parts,but all the fuss and hassle means i will just get real ones.
    I am using oem seats/rear engine deck/rear window/side quarter glass/front windscreen and wheels,
    ive built and owned replicas before and it just makes sense that anything that opens always seems to cause hassle and heartache with grp moving-warping and generally being a pain-frames etc etc,The kit parts are goodenough but stuff it,its too much hassle,the exact front gallardo hood is a 2 piece grp part that i think is goodenough so im using it,"unless a well priced factory one turns up".

the best news i think i can add for anyone building a gallardo style car using an mr-s is this,if your using a genuine lambo wheel as i am,im using the standard casopia coupe wheels,the hub adapters needed are tiny,mine arrived today after a 14 week wait but they are here now,machined from high tensile steel,the rears are ONLY 50mm wide !!! yep 50mm,the fronts are a lot smaller !!!!
    this is testament that the real gallardo is as we all know a TINY supercar,not having to use huge adapters has to be a greatt plus point!!!!

i can and will email some pics but cant upload as image shack is causing me probs,
    goodluck to all with your gallardo builds whatever they may be

I just wanted to ask the sound of the car and the exhausts your using....

how do you think they will turn out?

hi really havnt got that far yet,just emailed you some pics ,please tell me,did they arrive ok??