Thread: Stetched Countach mounting locations...

Stetched Countach mounting locations...

Hi guys. I have a question... Does anyone here on forum have any clear photos of the key mounting points for a stretched Countach to the Fiero donor? It could be any manufacturers body, so long as it was meant to mount to a stretched Fiero donor. The reason I ask is because I am currently building tube chasis's for the Diablo body and I would like to see pictures of Countach mounting locations to the Fiero as to modify my chasis jig to allow the Countach based chasis on the same table. You can see the chasis here... http://phantom.mightybot.com/cgi-bin...i?builderid=49 My tube chasis is based on the Fiero mounting points for the Diablo... front firewall, rear firewall and rear trunk area. Any pictures would help tremendously! Thanks!

Re:Stetched Countach mounting locations...

Hi Connor
    I am re-mounting my body, on a short wheel base, but I am doing it on the same points as it was before the main mounting point is on the side rails, on the frt firewall and the rear is by the air intakes, I will add some reinforcements just to make it a little bit better, here is a pic I hope it gives you an idea,

I tried replying ten minutes ago, but was somehow booted from the site!... Oh well, I'll try again!

Thanks for the picture, it's that exact kind of info I'm looking for! I was hoping to be able to move my rear control arm location jigs in on the table to the correct wheelbase of the Countach, and use most of the existing Diablo front end framing as I designed it. It looks like I'm going to be able to do just that. I will be reintroducing the removable cradle on the Countach chasis to allow for a transverse engine mount once again. The Diablo chasis's no longer have the removable cradle simply because there is enough room to remove them from the top. The Diablo chasis's are also being built with the long mount engine and transmission set-up.

Thanks for the great pic 85LAMB! I appreciate it! Keep the great images coming guys!

Jo Connor McKenna

you are welcome