Thread: mounting RB26tt to a tube chasis

mounting RB26tt to a tube chasis

Hi,
    I'm new here. I'm thinking about building a Murci. I'm think of using a different type of power plant. thinking about a RB26tt, or a NSX but hard to fine price on motor and tranny for NSX if anyone has any info, that would be helpful.
    I was thinking of mounting a RB26tt to a tube chasis, what kind of tranny could i use for this setup. Any thought or insight in this area would help.

thanks,
    BS

Re: mounting RB26tt to a tube chasis

If you want a tubular chassis with the RB powerplant We can do it for you. And it will maintain the AWD setup while moving the motor to the rear

Wow really. as for the brake and suspension, will they be from the skyline also?

custom

im curious how? how will you get the gearbox to work with the engine in the middle?

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bakasan
    Hi,
    I'm new here. I'm thinking about building a Murci. I'm think of using a different type of power plant. thinking about a RB26tt, or a NSX but hard to fine price on motor and tranny for NSX if anyone has any info, that would be helpful.
    I was thinking of mounting a RB26tt to a tube chasis, what kind of tranny could i use for this setup. Any thought or insight in this area would help.

thanks,
    BS
    The all wheel drive 3000GT or Dodge stealth transmission would work but the gears ratio,s are not that great if the ratios could be changed an get a adapter plate you could do all wheel drive , the trans. ,gear change, an adapter plate will set you back about $2400.00 or somewhere in that range
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

That is not a bad price for an AWD setup. when you think about it. I'm very interested in this now. So, what about the brake system and suspension, It would have to be from the 3000GT?

It was brought to my attention that "Tommy kaira zzii" is a RB26TT mid-engine car. I've been looking around to get more info on how it was done, but no results yet. It is a nice looking car too. If anyone has some info on this car would be great. http://www.rapidcars.com/kairazzii.php